X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babru
    replied
    It will be interesting to see the different colours you get annie8, or will they come true to each colour you had last year.

I've got so many sweet pea seeds in various packets, I'm set up for years to come....

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Sowed some more sweet peas from last year's saved seed and some eryngium. They are in the greenhouse.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Sorry, Babru, I've no idea why I read 'geranium' but thought 'sweet pea'!

Just looked up that Horizon Red pelargonium and it's a gorgeous colour.

Leave a comment:

• Babru
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Primrose View Post
    Renown (on Roger Parson's website) is a nice deep red colour. Harrogate Gem (Matthewman's website) is a good, strong colour too. Both website have some gorgeous colours.
    Wow Purple Primrose, Harrogate Gem is an amazing red sweet pea, I've never seen one that colour before. Out of stock, unfortunately.

It was actually a deep red geranium I was after, but I did enjoy looking up the sweet peas.

I've sown pelargonium Horizon Red, so here's hoping.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Containergardener View Post

I have mine in tubs with mini daffs ,that I later plant summer flowering plants in. That way I'm not trying to get rid
    Mine have escaped into the lawn where they lurk among the crocus, knowing full well I can't mow them till at least the end of May, by which time they've made more babies

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    A mouse has been in the greenhouse and dug up/eaten the leaves off lots of my seedlings. Lost all my cornflowers and shredded the orlaya grandiflora. Will have to resow but not til later this year. Didn’t eat my sweet peas thankfully as they are decent size now having been planted in autumn. Am going to sow some cleome soon and maybe eryngium.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Renown (on Roger Parson's website) is a nice deep red colour. Harrogate Gem (Matthewman's website) is a good, strong colour too. Both website have some gorgeous colours.

Leave a comment:

• Babru
    replied
    Sowed some geraniums a week ago, and a couple are up already. They always come up fast enough, but take a very long time to grow to any size. I have a pink/white and a red. I'm on the hunt for a really deep red, with no hint of orange in it. Every year I see other people's windowboxes with a lovely deep red and wish I had the same. Maybe this year! If they turn out the desired colour I will take cuttings for future years.
    Last edited by Babru; 29-01-2021, 07:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Sowed my sweetpeas about two weeks ago and most of them have now germinated.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Sowed some sweet peas and put them in the porch as it's a bit snowy outside at the moment. There are three pots each of Cupani, Spencer mixed, Spencer waved mixed, Old fashioned mixed and patio mixed. I'm planning on doing the same in 3 weeks and 3 weeks after that so that I can compare how well they do over time.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    I have loads of seeds this yr again. Lots of cosmos though, love them . I shall write a list.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
    Someone gave me a packet of grape hyacinth bulbs this Christmas. I'm not going to plant them.

I've been trying to get rid of them from the front garden for years
    I have mine in tubs with mini daffs ,that I later plant summer flowering plants in. That way I'm not trying to get rid

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    Just had my last few seeds arrive thru the post so to the list above I can now add

Acer Palmatum atropurpureum
    Daphne mezereum
    Rosa rubiginosa - eglantine rose
    Achillia millefolium 'Flowerburst Red shades'
    Centaurea macrocephala - Giant Knapweed
    Cephelaria gigantea - Giant scabious
    Cosmos - 'Sea shells mxd'
    Godetia - 'azalea flowered'
    Begoria sutherlandii - Corms really but

that should keep me busy for now

Leave a comment:

• nick the grief
    replied
    this year I hope to be growing loads as I'm re-doing the back garden but theres a few dahlias to go in. ive still go some bulbs to plant and the usual sweet peas, calandula, delphiniums, stocks.poppies ... anything to fill the new beds.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Including this thread in here as well from last year
    Grow 20 Different Flowers from seed in 2020 - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X