X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peanut
    replied
    Finally sowed my Sweet Peas last weekend (still earlier than last year!)
    Yesterday I sowed far too many Zinnia My Zinnia are starting to pop up, 4 days since sowing.
    Still so many more to do.
    Last edited by peanut; 10-04-2021, 10:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I've sown some Sunflowers for the grandsons and some Livingston Daisies in trays in the greenhouse.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Sowed tithonia and chamomile today. The nicotiana, cosmos and lupins are up - 4 days! They are sitting above a radiator though.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 28-03-2021, 01:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    Much to my surprise, the seeds we sowed a week ago (from a box which was a birthday gift a few years ago my daughter had put in the garage and forgotten about) have almost all germinated. We now have seedlings of Dianthus Sugar Baby, Orange Calendula and Wild Pansy. The Nasturtiums haven't germinated yet but they might still do so.

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    Yesterday I sowed lupin avaluna, cosmos, sweet peas, and nicotiana lime green. I generally dislike acid green coloured flowers, which is why I hate the euphorbias, but this nicotiana took my fancy for some reason which I can't remember now.

edit - how odd, a double post, but I only clicked the button once.
    Last edited by mothhawk; 26-03-2021, 10:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Containergardener
    replied
    OK , so far my seeds sown are:
    sweet pea x2
    Gentian
    Mixed annuals pack
    Sunflower
    Cornflower x3
    forget me not x2
    Rudbeckia x4
    Dahlia mix
    Lobelia x2
    Phlox
    Zinnia

And I thought I hadn't done many

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Sowed some echinops, Spanish flag and nigella seeds.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    I grew them last year and liked them although I would say that they can be a bit lost in a busy border so am going to plant a number together to have a bit more impact. I’d hold off planting them out until about April.

Leave a comment:

• Contadino
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    Seems the orlaya grandiflora have survived the mouse attack. Growing back some leaves although still small. Hoping the better weather predicted will help them grow on a bit.
    Mine have been growing at a glacial pace since November, but are responding well to the change in temperature and are now looking quite eager. When can they be planted out? I've never heard of them before so this is the 1sr year I've grown them.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Sown some French Marigolds this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Seems the orlaya grandiflora have survived the mouse attack. Growing back some leaves although still small. Hoping the better weather predicted will help them grow on a bit.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    I planted some echinacea seeds inside and they have germinated well. Not sure from the seed packet whether I should now put out in the greenhouse and to grow on before plating out in a few months or keep inside for a bit longer. Any idea ?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Primrose
    replied
    My sweet peas came up on Saturday so that's 8 days after sowing. They'e in a very cold porch so I hadn't expected them to germinate that quickly. The packets said it'd be 12 to 21 days depending on temperature.

Leave a comment:

• Martin H
    replied
    I can see the very first signs of germination on my sweet peas this morning. Love it! They are on the windowsill so the warmth helps hurry them along. All I need to do now is buy a house with a suitable garden...
    Dave at the allotment (my favourite youtuber) was sowing his sweet peas yesterday too. He's keeping his in the unheated greenhouse, so it'll be interesting to see how long they take to come up. https://youtu.be/c4bDjCosQMo

Leave a comment:

• Babru
    replied
    Hmm, my last post made me think, how long do sweet pea seeds last. Two to three years, apparently. I'd better check my packets. I sowed mine about ten days ago and there's no sign yet.....

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X