X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We ended up getting 7 birds....
    2 Vorwerk POLs
    3 Welsummer POLS
    2 White IR ducks (who laid eggs for me yesterday!)

Comment

• OWG Take smacked knuckles for not saying you were going, we could have had a coffee
      I must admit I rather liked those Ayams, but not the price
      I was a good girl (where's that smiley with a halo) and came away with zero. There were some nice birds there this time weren't there? The blue partridge brahmas very nearly came home with me though...very very nearly, just wouldn't quite fit in my pocket. And there were some chocolate muscovies that were a bit too big as well.
      Next time I'm taking a rucksack
      And the really funny bit was when a voice behind me said 'seen anything then' and when I whipped round there was one of the landscapers from work. He was looking for Old English Game cos he breeds and shows them....
      you're never more than a few feet away from a chicken fancier. LOL
      Anyone who says nothing is impossible has never tried slamming a revolving door

Comment

• Originally posted by its hilly View Post
        OWG Take smacked knuckles for not saying you were going, we could have had a coffee
        I must admit I rather liked those Ayams, but not the price
        We didn't decide we were going until Saturday morning! Mr OWG had been working down south, and I left it up to him to decide if he was recovered enough to drive!!

There were some really nice birds actually... I had to be careful with the Welsummers though - with a lot of the all-female pens, it looked like sellers were putting in 2 POLs and an older hen. I steered well clear of them, and ended up with 3 16wk girls instead...

We were only going to get hens, but we realised that white Runners pairs weren't selling, so took a chance on the 2 female ones, as the waterfowl ring was fairly quiet!

Comment

• Yesterday my OH extended one of our flowerbeds which meant there were a few turves left over- so he decided to fill in some of the dust bath areas in the enclosure.
          Nice and flat....ten minutes later all 18 chooks were tucking into the insects in there- and nibbling away at the grass.
          Needless to say after a couple of hours all the turf had been shredded and scratched up- I think they sort of enjoyed themselves!!!!!
          Last edited by Nicos; 02-03-2012, 11:47 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• so when is this carlisle sale- I am up in lakes for Easter- i need a rouen drake and a chocolate muscovy drake! Cannot find either for love or money.

Comment

• I think the next one is 21st April....

Comment

• hmm, i think that is after my holiday. grr.

Comment

• Note to self, never wear marigolds in the chicken run!!!
                  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

• why, did they attack you?

Comment

• Not attack, I think they thought I was holding a treat and one jumped up and nipped my finger. Much as it doesnt damage it blinkin hurt!! Ooopsie!
                      http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

• My girls have been quiet and hiding away all day today, they really don't like this rain

Comment

• My boys hide from the rain, but the girls and the geese just paddle about in it.

I went to see my friend down the road yesterday, where I used to keep my Horse - she now has six Batties in my old stable!!!! She has always wanted Chooks but wasn't brave enough. Then her neighbour's Chooks started going to visit her, and she got the bug. Another convert!
                          Last edited by Glutton4...; 04-03-2012, 02:51 PM.
                          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• teehee, my silkin has gone broody for the second time this year, in the coop, and my white modern game is busy buidling a 'nest' (throwing grass and sticks over her shoulder) in a large flowerpot under an evergreen shrub. Spring has sprung! .....but I have discovered that finding Russian Orloff eggs to go under these birds is hard. I've found the breeders club but they're all hatching like mad themselves with no spare eggs to sell....boo!
                            Last edited by jessmorris; 04-03-2012, 03:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• Not been about a lot recently due to "one thing & another",chooks all seem happy & settled they produced 73 eggs during February (kept a ledger,how anal is that )
                              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• First 4 egg day from our 4 lovely light sussex girls today - whoop whoop!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X