This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jax View Post
    Hello all, I can join in your chook chat now Gonna go check they have settled in their coop as they had to be put in them as they were perching on top instead!!
    Are these your first chooks, Jax? You'll spend hours watching them. I think it's therapeutic, watching your chooks - brilliant after a stressful day.

Jules
    Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• It is and it beats dusting. It was amazing how early my children got up that first week!
      Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• yep my first I am totally besotted! They are my babies. Dont tell my kitkat though she will get jealous! I havent even started my housework, too distracted hehe.
        http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jamiesjourney

Please give blood and if possible please give bone marrow.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Subscriber to the mojo mailing list

Comment

• Housework will wait....funny how it's still there when you go back to it!

We have 10 cats Jax, and there are plenty of others hereabouts, and our chooks can tell our cats from cats who don't belong in our garden. They'll chase strangers away too. When I first got the chooks my cat, Cleo, was a little put out that there was something else taking my attention, but she's ok now. Although we have lots of cats, I'm Cleo's human - wherever I am she is too.

Jules
          Jules

Coffee. Garden. Coffee. Does a good morning need anything else?

♥ Nutter in a Million & Royal Nutter by Appointment to HRH VC ♥

Althoughts - The New Blog (updated with bridges)

Comment

• Funny, our cat is a Cleo! She has been sat watching the chickens all day. Another cat came in the garden and everything went nuts. The chickens started freaking out and the cat started growling guarding her chickens. Infact the only thing that didnt care was the gerbil! Funny the same cat comes in the garden every day and Cleo never noticed before.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Comment

• Welcome Jax,

I spend hours watching and talking to our chiiks - the neighbours must think I'm nuts! Our hens can tell our 2 cats from imposters too. Hens are certainly not that daft - Although one of them is a little limited in the memory department!!

Comment

• Our old Siamese used to go in the pen with our chooks, but I won't let her in now Asbo is in there. Her eyesight is poor, and I know he'd have a go at her. When she was younger I think she'd have been fine, but not now. She used to stroll around pointedly ignoring them, and they'd do the same to her.
                Last edited by Glutton4...; 01-02-2012, 07:13 PM.
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I love that ignoring thing cats do - but you know fine well they are watching you like a hawk, just pretending not to!

Comment

• ..I met the Fancy Feed lady too, at our local show. She was very nice and gave me a wee sample to take away. I first bought it because the pellets are nice and small for my small girls...when I say 'wee sample' I do mean just a small amount..teehee. Oh! How did this end up here? i should have used 'quote' in reply. Sorry.
                    Back for snooze on the sofa now I think....
                    Last edited by jessmorris; 02-02-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Girlies are in bed now, theres always one still sat on top when we go to put them in bed but she doestn fuss when we put her in. 3 eggs in total today and Daisy was in her nesting box as we put them away so possibly another one Not bad considering the guy told us they definitely wouldnt lay for 2 weeks whilst they get settled. They have had porridge 2 days in a row now, so i think they think their getting spoilt.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Comment

• The 'off lay from moving stress' is often not immediate, but if they are laying a few days after moving, I reckon they have got over whatever stress there might have been.
                        Flowers come in too many colours to see the world in black-and-white.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                          My turkeys are coming! My friend contacted me yesterday to say she had decided to part with the breeding pair after all. She's also giving me two extra turkey fellas which I can eat if I wish - I definitely wish!
                          lucky you! you will love these birds- they are full of character. We have a new bronze stag called 'flea'
                          Got our gold brahma cockerel today- coincidently he is the nephew of the one we last early last year. He is an absolute beauty and will be doing shows too this year.

Comment

• Despatched our last two meat cocks on Saturday, ate one for dinner last night - yum. No more meaties left now - the freezer is stuffed. Enclosures very empty. And tonight I'm going to set our first lot of cream legbar eggs. Can't believe I'm setting eggs when there's snow on the ground but my little broody has been sitting tight on fake eggs for over two days now so she's obviously not put off by the weather.

Comment

• awww, your gonna have babies!!!! I think honey is starting to molt. Her bums looking abit raggedy and she has bald patches round her neck.

SAVE LIVES TODAY

Comment

• Well, i have 20 call duck, crested miniature x call duck, campbell, campbell x rouen eggs to set in incubator today. the crested miniature duck lays black eggs!!! Wierd or what.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X