This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
    JM-If you want some fertile Bantam eggs I can bring you some over just before Xmas- or later on in the Spring.
    They are Cayenne x Heinz 57 ( can't find Cayenne on Google!)
    Good layers and fun,gentle characters.
    Hmm they sound nice..thankyou very much - are they small bantams Nicos? I've not much room......spring is much better for me, then I can use me broodies....
    Last edited by jessmorris; 26-10-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

• ...oh dear my hens have the final laugh on me this year - 2 amrock eggs, 1 hatched = 1 cockerel; 10 wyandotte eggs, 6 hatched, 1 died = 4 cockerels, 1 hen. Looks like the level in my 'special' brandy bottle will be going down soon. (I'll just leave it a bit longer, just IN CASE those combs retract, legs slim down and stances become lower...) - fat chance!!
      Last edited by jessmorris; 26-10-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jessmorris View Post
        Mmm, omelettes, quiches, meringues (is that how you spell it?), pickled eggs, scrambled, bolied and when you start to look like an egg yourself, sell the surplus at work, or give away to friends! (and your dogs will enjoy them too!)
        My dogs pulled a dozen eggs off the unit when I popped to the loo. Ate them box and all :-(

Comment

• Hmm, your dogs really do like eggs don't they?!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
            And most of the Araucanas I see for sale are bantams, it is quite difficult (at least round here) to get LF versions.
            I take that back, I have just been given a breeding pair of LF Araucanas (arrived this morning) from someone reducing their stock. Am also getting from the same place a breeding pair of Norfolk Black turkeys. Now trying to think up names ..........
            Last edited by RichmondHens; 28-10-2011, 12:45 PM.

Comment

• Ike and Tina for the turkeys! Play on words - think of their surname!

Comment

• Ike & Tina Turkey - I LIKE that!
                All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• ours are called cranberry and Brandy and their babies are called Christmas and dinner.

Comment

• It looks like it's gonna be Ike and Tina for the turkeys (thanks Sue). Still nothing sorted for the Araucanas, I'm just calling them both Fluffy Face at the moment!
                    Last edited by RichmondHens; 31-10-2011, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• RH- what colour are they????
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I forgot to report that I lost one of my Babies last week. One of the Jubilee Orpingtons that I hatched back at the start of the summer. They are 20 weeks. He was the one I sort of helped, as he was struggling to hatch. I only flicked one small bit of shell off, so he could get his head out, and he made it. He was always smaller and weaker than the rest, but seemed to have caught up.

I was warned he would be a weakling, but wanted to give him a chance, as he was alive and fighting. I know, I know, you don't have to tell me...

Lesson learned.
                        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                          I forgot to report that I lost one of my Babies last week. One of the Jubilee Orpingtons that I hatched back at the start of the summer. They are 20 weeks. He was the one I sort of helped, as he was struggling to hatch. I only flicked one small bit of shell off, so he could get his head out, and he made it. He was always smaller and weaker than the rest, but seemed to have caught up.

I was warned he would be a weakling, but wanted to give him a chance, as he was alive and fighting. I know, I know, you don't have to tell me...

Lesson learned.
                          Been there, done that, worn out the T-shirt and I'd do it again every time!

Comment

• Nicos, the Araucanas are lavender.

Sue and G4, Yes I too help out, knowing full well it's not really sensible. Helped a cock chick out earlier this year, he was always weak and behind as a little one. He's now a rather runty 6 month old in the fattening pen although not much flesh on him and definitely last in the pecking order. Don't think he'll make much of a family roast dinner.

Comment

• Productive day- 3 muscovy drakes in freezer and giant brahma cross orpington done too. Looking forward to nice roasts!

Comment

• Ooo, roast duck.....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X