No announcement yet.

Hello!!!:)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations! Are they Cream Legbars or another sort?

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
      I LOVE secrets, especially when they're mine I'm the bestest secret-keeper in the world!
      you're having some of these babies if they're boys?

by the way...Congrats Di on the babies! Well done! Looks like you're incubating in a large polystrene box - like what fish come in?!?!?

Comment

*smiles,and waves to the babies* yes di you can take the shells out

Comment

One of mine had some blood in the shell but the chick was ok. I'd only worry if the chick looked a bit iffy, and I wouldn't know what to do. sorry I can't be more help
          My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Awww!!! Too cute!!
            I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
              Congratulations! Are they Cream Legbars or another sort?
              They are cream Legbars...supposedly easy to sex as day olds,although between me Andi & a friend we've all come up with different ones are male/female???
              There's so far three legbars & one brahma bantam.....and I'd forgotton that Brahmas have cute little fluffy feet!!!Promise we'll get more pics up soon!...You can all help sex the legbars!
              Must go...only popped home for flask refill...oh & of course a little chat with the babies!
              BTW...not sure if you're online Matthew,if not anyone else might know???...the lamp you lent us has two settings on it...do we need it on high or low?I had it on high,but as it's warm today I've just switched it to low
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Awwwww, congratulations Di More piccies please!!

Comment

Oh I have been desperate to get Cream Legbar hatching eggs but no-one can supply me round here. Don't want to get any posted to me though. I like to go and pick them up in person so can ensure they don't get wobbled about on the way home!

Comment

We were really lucky,a lady 20 minutes away had them...only found her by chance.She's on the Suffolk/Essex border if that's of any use?

Comment

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
                      Oh I have been desperate to get Cream Legbar hatching eggs but no-one can supply me round here. Don't want to get any posted to me though. I like to go and pick them up in person so can ensure they don't get wobbled about on the way home!
                      Hi, not sure of your location RichmondHens (Richmond, Surrey?) If Letchworth isn't too far for you (J10, A1M) then there is Thornes Poultry Centre - they do hatching eggs

Thornes Garden Nursery

Phone to see if they have Cream Legbar eggs - they have rare breeds too and I think I've seen Cream Legbars there.

Comment

I'm up in North Norfolk, between Holt and Sheringham, so neither of your suggested locations is practical I'm afraid, but thanks for the suggestions.
                        (The Richmond bit comes from my house name, Richmond Cottage!)

Comment

Still just the four when I got home...they all seem fine & cheeping for England!

I forgot to mention...we gave up on the eggs under Dandelion(was Marigold!)...were due on Friday & Andi lifted her yesterday arvo to check & all eggs were still in tact!

We stayed late to have a barbie/bonfire thing & I guess it was about 10:00 when we shut them all in....which was when we first heard the cheeps!!!
                          Didn't want to say until we knew for sure...also were concerned whether Dandelion would accept or reject them...pleased to report that so far,she seems to have taken rather well to her four new babies!...that's all we've been able to see...pretty sure there's a Buff Orpington...maybe two?&we know a legbar...shell was thrown out & a little cute one with a black head!!Sorry no pics yet,but as soon as she lets them properly out from under her wing,I shall do my best!.....weird...or actually not really!...but the chicks under mummy are so much fluffier than the ones at home...I guess mummys wings does a far better job at fluffy them up than the incubator.
                          The kiddies are sooo excited...at present they're having a rather late tea sat by the chicks!

Comment

Aaaah, soooo sweeeeet. More piccies required tho LOL!
                            All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                            Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

Told you I had a secret didn't I I knew about Dandelion.

congratulations Andi & Di, 8 lovely little chickies to tweet to
                              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Fantastic news about Dandelion!!!!!...just goes to show doesn't it???...you just never can tell with nature!

You'll need to try and get the babies to take a sip of water by tomorrow evening- if you do get them out- put them back under mum's wing and not under her tummy...I lost a baby being crushed cos I put it back where I found it- under mum's tummy- and it was flattened!!!
                                Scrambled egg tomorrow too is a grand start in life!!!
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X