No announcement yet.

Hello!!!:)

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still just the four at home...promise I'll get some more piccies up...somehow fell asleep with the kiddies last night!
    They are so sweet,the bantam keeps trying to go to sleep standing up & resting it's head on the others backs.....and then gradually sliding & plopping to the floor!
    One of the others seemed to struggle to open it's eyes this am,but with a little help is bright eyed again & managing fine to keep them open.Now that their feathers are properly fluffy it's even harder to tell what they are....but boy or girl,incredibly cute!
    Still not sure what to do with Dandelion & hers???Andi has finished the new coop,but we haven't moved them...Mum had another dusting of mite powder last night & we sprinkled a little under the nest box,but ideally we'd like them out of there...just a little worried if we move them that mum won't be happy???May have to take that risk later today!
    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

Originally posted by andi&di View Post
      They are so sweet,the bantam keeps trying to go to sleep standing up & resting it's head on the others backs.....and then gradually sliding & plopping to the floor!
      I loved watching mine do that And hopping towards the food or water and falling asleep halfway I think I've got a video on Facebook showing that, must go and have a look
      My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

They will be fine to be moved. Grab Mum firmly first and keep a tight hold, put all chicks in a container together (bucket or box) and take to new location. Put chicks in new place first then release Mum.

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
          Told you I had a secret didn't I I knew about Dandelion.

congratulations Andi & Di, 8 lovely little chickies to tweet to
          And a lovely secret it was too Maureen!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

How are they all doing??...have you managed to drag yourself away from them yet???
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

is smiling lots this morning

Comment

Is smiling lots too!!!
                Nicos,I'm struggling just a bit to get on with anything other than chick watch!!!The kiddies were late to school & rather ashamedly had to wear the least dirty stuff I could find from last week!!!
                RH...Cheers,Andi is going to finish work at 4 today,so that will give us time to move them & keep an eye that they settle...even though we've doused mum again with powder it is a worry that there are still mites where they are.Also,there's nice fresh grass in their new run,as opposed to bare earth & one mass dustbath in the present place!

Now onto the pics!!!Not got many great ones...battery has died so.....
                Attached Files

Comment

For some reason one didn't load???...are we only allowed two pics per thread now???
                  Best not leave Daisy out!!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Di....ask Lynda....it's compulsory to spend as much time with them as poss....each day they change...by tomorrow you'll be able to see the first of the proper wing feathers

I'm sure Dandelion will be fine with the move!!!

Comment

Awww...just look at the girls happy faces...it's been worth every second of worry just to see that hasn't it??!

Comment

We're starting to think we may have girls afterall???Problem is their heads look like boys but their bodies/backs like girls...here's the linkhttp://www.creamlegbar.co.uk/http://www.creamlegbar.co.uk/

I've obviously lost the ability to send a link!
                        Last edited by di; 11-05-2009, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Lovely - the chicken chicks and your chicks too! Kids with baby chicks - winning pictures every time!
                          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Thanks Flum!They are so excited...we'd tried our hardest to play down getting excited...just in case nothing happened.
                            Although at the time I thought we were mad having a broody & the incubator,but now I'm so pleased we did.Daisy really struggled to come to terms with the fact she couldn't see Dandelion's(& I hope still Marigolds also!!!),she couldn't quite understand that we can't just take them out from under her,so it's nice that she has some here she can cuddle & some at lottie that we'll hopefully get to watch grow & learn from their mummy(s)!

Comment

lovely pics.... well done on your hatchings
                              The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Still very cute & still very in love....but we have three boys!Thankfully we have at least two homes sorted for them(being Legbars...hopefully one person would like two!!!)
                                Dandelion has five under her,not four and both the Legbars had hatched,so fingers crossed for them to not have little gold crests on their heads!Not sure what one of the others is,but very cute...could be a Norfolk grey or Maran Cross...little black head!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X