X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jez sends a big bear hug too xxx

Comment

Maureen
      I was so sorry to hear about your loss, I wish I'd said something, the man at the bottom of my plot lost his hens from a fox lifting the lid of an external nest box.
      best wishes
      Sue

Comment

Oh Mo, how devastating...please don't blame yourself. Predators will find a way in, one way or another, and in times of desperation will even kill in broad daylight.

I'm so sad for you. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you to find them. Huge (((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))) from me too.

PB xx

Comment

wish i could get there biggest huuuuuggggggggggggggggggssssssssss ever auntie Mo xxxxx

Comment

So sorry to read this Maureen. I know how devastating it is to make that discovery. Hope someone sorts out the culprit and hope that maybe your missing ones re-appear.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
              Oh, Auntie Mo I am so so sorry. Crying for you as I type
              You mustn't feel it's your fault, you did your utmost for the girls, and I'm sure they were the happiest chickens anywhere with you for a mum.
              (((((Biggest hugs))))) I can muster for you.

I know a lot of people don't believe in killing the predators, but I'd be very tempted to organise a man with a gun to wait for it to come back
              Thank you everybody. I'd love to get the animal that did that to my girls and a horrible fleeting thought came into my mind that I'd put down some poisoned food for it when it comes back - because it WILL come back to collect the ones it'd left behind. I promise you though, that's something I'd never do.

Originally posted by RichmondHens View Post
              So sorry to hear about your chickens Maureen. If they were shut in the house and the only access in was via the nest box, then certainly a fox could get in, or indeed a mink. Foxes are feeding their young at this time of year so are extra hungry.
              I'm so so sorry and glad at least the babies are safe.
              Would mink eat the heads and take 3 away? There's 3 girls unaccounted for, 10 are in plastic feed sacks waiting for me to dispose of the little bodies. I don't know how or where to do that, the bin men don't come for another 2 weeks. I might have to dig a very large grave
              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Maureen,it has been so lovely hearing about your chook journey. Im so sorry for you and the girls. Every morning I worry as we have foxes very close by, Im hoping my battery operated fencing deters them as I keep it on all the time. When I lost one of mine I dug a hole in the woods and covered her with a heavy stone so they wouldnt dig her up. Were all thinking of you.

francesbean
                My Square Foot Gardening Experiment Blog :
                http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...log_usercp.php

Comment

Oh Mo! ((((HUG))))

I'm so sorry this has happened, what a horrible thing.

Regarding the bodies, could you ring a local vet and explain what's happened? They will probably charge for a cremation, but it's better than digging a mass grave?

Comment

Oh maureen,

I have been reading your blog and following your chicks. I am so sorry at your loss! How awful!!!
                    http://onegardenersadventures.blogspot.com/ updated 10-03-2010 with homebrew pics & allotment pics

Comment

Maureen, I feel so sad for you, I know how devastated I would be.
                      Lots of love and hugs to you. xxxxxxxx
                      Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

Mrs RT called me to let me know... really sorry to hear. {{{BIG Hugs}}} Cannot even imagine how you're feeling right now. Thoughts with you
                        Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

Gutted for you Auntie Mo. No consolation I know, but at least Basil and babies are safe, and also, having read your blog and on here, your girls had a fantastic life once they got to you, from having such a dreadful life before.
                          You cant blame yourself, as has been said, its now the rearing season, and the animals (probably a fox if its bitten their heads off) will find a way to get food.
                          Its an awful thing to happen, and I am so so sorry for you.
                          Bob Leponge
                          Life's disappointments are so much harder to take if you don't know any swear words.

Comment

Maureen Hun...don't know what to say other than(((((((x))))))) & sorry!!!
                            the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I'm so sorry Mo Big {{{HUGS}}}
                              I was feeling part of the scenery
                              I walked right out of the machinery
                              My heart going boom boom boom
                              "Hey" he said "Grab your things
                              I've come to take you home."

Comment

So So sorry to hear about this,its as if i knew them myself!Will be more vigilant with my own girls.Sounds like a fox to me.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X