No announcement yet.

And now it's happened to me

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appologies and commiserations to you Maureen as I've just caught up with this thread!
    Sometimes life doesn't seem fair does it? Hope you are feeling a bit better.

(((((Hugs)))) Snadge
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sorry to hear such news. Must've been traumatic to witness this morning....

We were lucky to have seen some chicken coops at out local poultry centre before we made ours.....as a result we have catch things on the run doors, the coop side door and on the removeable roof too. We also saw them on the nest box rooves too but we thought so that the chickens wouldn't headbutt the roof and use it as a means for escape - never thought foxes could open them and gain access.

Again, so sorry to hear of your devastating loss.......best wishes are with you... X

Comment

Oh Auntie Mo,
        I am so sorry, it's not your fault, if something want's to get in it will.
        (((((((((((()))))))))))

Lots & lots of hugs from me as well

Comment

So sorry Maureen, have only just read this. As you know, this happened to me in February, keep positive even though it is devastating. We adored our chooks and now we have 6 more all laying and hopefully enjoying a happy life. They are still let out, but only when we are out in the garden as we have recently seen foxes in the garden as late as 3.00pm.

Some will no doubt tell you to keep them penned, but as you know, I'm sure, keeping them in conditions similar to "barn reared" or battery, is not what real chook keeping is about.

Nature has a habit of upsetting us, as well as giving us immense joy, but that is the true meaning living a natural life.

Love and hugs.

Chick
          http://www.robingardens.com

Seek not to know all the answers, just to understand the questions.

Comment

I've only just found this and I'm sitting in shock, Aunty Mo I wouldn't wish this on anyone but you so do not deserve this over anyone, I'm devastated for you, I don't really know what to say, {{{{{hugs}}}}}
            Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

That's what I felt Hayley. Maureen was my inspiration for wanting to keep chickens! Unfair, that's what Life is.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Aunty Mo's insired and helped loads of us (me too) to start keeping chickens.

How's the little un's doing Aunty Mo?
                Never test the depth of the water with both feet

The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory....

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Comment

The little ones (who aren't so little now!) are doing lovely 2 of the boys are just starting to get iridescent green feathers in their tails and strut around showing off. They've all been quiet though since yesterday morning, I think they're missing having their chats through the fence with the "Laydees". Basil made a "Bok" noise yesterday, just the one Bok, and I think he was so surprised, he was looking round to see where the noise had come from. All the others are still tweeting. I've just been putting some bags of hair on their fence and I'll pour some wee round and spray with fox repellent tonight before I go to bed, though I'm not 100% sure that'll work. I know in my heart of hearts that although the chicks run isn't fox-proof, the coop definitely is - my 15stone son-in-law couldn't open the lid or the nest box cover yesterday after I'd put extra hasps and clasps on it, and that would be the only way (says she with fingers very tightly crossed) that he'd get in to them.
                  My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Only just read your really sad news(internet probs), and I've been reading it with tears in my eyes. I'm so sorry this has happened,it must have been a terrible shock for you.
                    I feel the same as everyone else,your advise and help has been invaluable, this is so unfair after all your hard work. Nature is terribly cruel at times.
                    I hope you're taking it easy and enjoying Basil and his new found skill in making 'Bok' noises.
                    Best wishes and hugs to youxx
                    Gardening forever- housework whenever

Comment

So sorry to read about your loss Maureen. [[[[[[[[[big hugs]]]]]]]]. I've been away so only catching up on all the news this morning. I know you did the best for your girls and they had a happy life. All us chook keepers fear the fox, he's not called cunning for nothing.

Comment

Only just read this today. I'm so so sorry for your loss. Big Huggggggggggs!
                        AKA Angie

Comment

Bok Aunty Mo hope you're feeling stronger today.

As a result of what has happend His Lordship has taken the plunge and printed off an application for a firearms licence. And he's decided on .22 rifle which is a strong enough calibre to kill a fox. He'll probably use it to shoot pigeons as well as they drive my next door neighbour farmer friend nuts.
                          Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

aw I am so sorry, thinking of you

Comment

Originally posted by HayleyB View Post
                              Bok Aunty Mo hope you're feeling stronger today.

As a result of what has happend His Lordship has taken the plunge and printed off an application for a firearms licence. And he's decided on .22 rifle which is a strong enough calibre to kill a fox. He'll probably use it to shoot pigeons as well as they drive my next door neighbour farmer friend nuts.
                              Bok Hayley ( and a very quiet bokbok from Basil) Yes, I'm getting there, feeling more positive today thanks.

I think that's a very sensible idea, honestly. The only time I'm dead set against guns is when they're used for killing for "sport", either animal or human.
                              My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X