No announcement yet.

And now it's happened to me

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sorry Mo, its something I always dreaded and when it happened to me it was heartbreaking. Have some ((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))).
    Kirsty b xx

Comment

(((Mo))) Sorry isn't a big enough word for the enormity of what's happened to your ladies, but we're all here for you if you need to talk...and your girls had a lifetime of happy memories with you! xxxxxx
      I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about!!

Our Blog - http://chancecottage.blogspot.com/

Comment

Im so so sorry to hear about that, ((((((((hugs)))))))))) x
        SuzyB
        www.mind-spillage.blogspot.com

Comment

Oh Maureen I'm so sorry to hear that. Mr Flum has always thought me paranoid about fox attacks but you really have to be don't you? I feel like mine are prisoners but I dread the alternative. I know I'd just feel sick to find what you did this morning. Big hugs to you love.
          Don't, please, be put off helping any more little hens. It's such a fantastic thing you've done for them.
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

You've all been so kind, thank you xxxxx

Yes, it definitely was a fox. A friend came over and we can see the footprints in the wet ground by the fence, also marks on the fence (6' high) where he (or she) got over.

I've just got back from Maplins where I've bought 2 solar powered security lights in the hope that a light suddenly going on will put him or her off. I've also been to B&Q and bought loads of hasps/clasp thingys to fix on the lids of all the nest boxes as well as adding some to the babies coop. Also got some wild animal repellent to spray all over the fences and anywhere else that I can think of (hope it doesn't upset the babies if I spray their fences too!!). I think Chuckingham Palace will have to be re-named Chuckingham Knox by the time I've finished!!!

With regards to disposing of the bodies, this friend has an incinerator which he's going to fire up tonight so they'll all be going in there together. So sad, but I'm feeling a little more positive thanks to all the support I've had from all you friends.
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

really sorry to here whats happend Maureen, thinking of you.
              "In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous." - Aristotle (B.C. 384–322)

Comment

Oh Maureen...I just don't know what to say

I'm just really upset for you- it's something we all hope and hope and hope again won't happen to us - or our friends chooks.

Give little Basil a cuddle from me- thank goodness you've got her to cuddle and have a quiet cry with.

xx
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
                  Would mink eat the heads and take 3 away? There's 3 girls unaccounted for, 10 are in plastic feed sacks waiting for me to dispose of the little bodies. I don't know how or where to do that, the bin men don't come for another 2 weeks. I might have to dig a very large grave
                  I rather think it sounds like a fox - they would be able to take whole birds away, and they do bite the heads off, unlike a stoat or mink which would tear the throats out, and certainly wouldn't be able to drag off three.

Re disposal, your best bet is to burn them, if you can/are allowed, depending on where you live. If you buried them you would need to dig a very deep grave as foxes will sniff them out and dig them up.

Comment

Maureen, I've just read the bad news. Heartbroken for you. (((Hugs))). Glad Basil and the little ones are ok.
                    A good beginning is half the work.
                    Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

I wish I had something helpful to say beyond how dreadfully sorry I am to hear your news, how absolutely devastating for you (((((Maureen)))))
                      http://www.justgiving.com/Vicky-Berr...-Marathon-2010

Comment

Maureen, only just got back from work and read this. This is heartbreaking, I just don't know what to say. My thoughts are with you, Love BM.
                        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

First chance all day to come on pc - REALLY sorry for you, how horrible and upsetting.

Comment

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) I AM SO SORRY to hear about this hunny, you poor thing, the poor chooks, a relief to hear basil and the babies are ok.

It sounds like you have done a fab job on securing the chookingham palace now, fingers crossed.

love mo xx
                            Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Dear Mo, so so so so so sorry to read your dreadful news but glad this evening sees you feeling a bit better than this morning. Nothing can take away the hurt and pain but it will get better.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

So sorry to hear that. Glad to hear the babies and Basil were okay. Hopefully some better luck will come your way soon.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X