Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minus 1 more =3239. Camilla, the world's broodiest Sussex died overnight.

Comment

• Broodiness is difficult, it is sad to lose a hen that way.

Comment

• I forgot to delete one of my younger Girlies who turned-up her toes a few weeks ago. Today, we had to despatch one of my three remaining old Batties, who was clearly going to expire in the night, and we didn't want her to suffer.

I also now have a Battie in a pen by herself, too. The others just won't leave he alone - spiteful little wotsits - and she spends the days hiding from them, and getting no food. She then goes to bed mid-afternoon, so she gets to the safety of the top rung of perches. Now she can see them and chat but is safe and happy - and twice the weight!

I'm down to 12 now, which is the lowest number for years!

3239 - 2 = 3237
        All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
        Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Racey Lacey, Millie and Sky got foxed....Sky appears to have put up one hell of a fight, poor thing.

So welcome Indigo and Denim (cream legbars whose names will change to Myrtle and Olive if their eggs ain't blue) and Morgana (Sumatra...black feathers, legs, eyes, comb and apparently bones...thus Morgana, black hearted witch).

Lost three, gained three...total stays the same.
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• I haven't posted for a very long time, but I'm so excited to say that I FINALLY have my 3 Orpington Hens (I've been waiting about 15 years Please welcome Miss Lemon (Buff), Miss Marple (Silver Laced) and Hetty Wainthrop (Lavender). They are 14 weeks old and absolutely beautiful

3239 + 3 =3242
            Attached Files

Comment

• +4 ex-battery hens so we're now up to 3246

Comment

• RIP willow. Sorry I couldn't get you well again
                -1=3245

Comment

• I got some beautiful new ladies in my backyard.

3245 +3 = 3248
                  My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

• I think i forgot i lost a lady last year (evil twin numero 2) but today added 4 more, so that

3248 - 1 = 3247

3247 + 4 = 3251
                    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• 3251 - 1 = 3250

Pebbles (aka Mrs White), the last of the Flintstone gang, left for the great chook house in the sky last week

Comment

• Added a few more chooks to my menagerie. I used to look after a cockerel and a small white bantam which wasn't being treat right. I now have these chooks plus another four brown hens which were being ditched by another plotholder because they were sick of them.He has about another dozen which i am hopeful he can rehouse or i might finish up with even more!
                        As chook keepers are aware its hard to rehouse a cockerel. I had to help this guy though because the cockerel is a sweetie and is not too vociferous. Once i ve had him for a while and he's back to his normal self I'll post a piccie. I had to throw all my clothes straight in the wash after retrieving these chooks as the conditions they were in was deplorable. The first thing they did in my comparatively dry portion of the run was have a dustbath. The bonny lad is stopping any bitchinness between his chooks and my other chooks and all are blending together well.

I'll let someone else do the maths!
                        My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                        to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• 3250 + a cockerel and a small white bantam plus another four brown hens = 3256

Comment

• 3256 - 1. Viola our Speckaldy stopped eating last week. Vet couldn't find anything wrong with her and said it was probably old age, (she was 6) He gave her a steroid injection to make her eat but to no avail. Total now 3255
                            Last edited by frias; 05-02-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                              3250 + a cockerel and a small white bantam plus another four brown hens = 3256
                              What happened to no more.............
                              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisasbolt View Post
                                What happened to no more.............
                                They're Snadger's but he's arithmetically challenged

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X