X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2637 - three noisy, lazy Orpington's

Comment

• One in, one out:

Was given a beautiful brown leghorn cock today, called him Edgar! He is very full of himself and strutting around like a king.

On a sadder note, found one of my LS hens dead in the pen. She had been looking peaky for a couple of days and I was keeping my eye on her. RIP Lollipop.

Comment

• not sure if I should like or unlike- rip Lollipop.

Comment

• Ditto one of my Batties, RH. Peaky all week, but still eating and scratching around. Dead when I went in there this afternoon.

Last edited by Glutton4...; 31-03-2013, 06:11 PM.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• 4 little chicks arrived on Good Friday

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Yippee! easter chickies!!

On a sad note, had to dispatch a chick, one died & lost an old hen over easter

& sold a d'uccle hen.

Last edited by scorpius; 02-04-2013, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• With my 5 layers, 2 cockerals, 1 orpington, 1 silky partridge and 7 of the fluffiest white silkies know to man kind it brings the total too................................................................

Comment

• 2649 minus one , quirky Biek the silkie cross broody (with spurs!) = 2648.

Comment

• I can now add 4 Thuringian chicks, 2 weeks and 4 weeks old (separated batches)I don't normally add chicks but the thuringians will all be keepers - so ! I think she calls them thing 1 and thing 2 and is currently pouring through Dr Seuss books for other names....(she has a fixation on dr Seuss the littleun...!)2650

Comment

• 2649 - My oldest Minorca keeled over yesterday. RIP Millie.

Comment

• got my 1st 3 girls on friday. 2 rhode rocks, 1 sussex. waiting on 2 blue laced wyndottes for coop number 2. the 3 already here are settling in beautifully, and have given 4 eggs already. happy laying all x
                        grow food, not lawns

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...inning%21.html

Comment

• 2649 minus 1, the lovely Shirley, gold birchen modern game bantam. Gone forever, prob taken by a cat = 2648.
                          Last edited by jessmorris; 17-04-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caldan View Post
                            2637 - three noisy, lazy Orpington's

Sadly a fox came in daytime when we were there and chickens out. Managed to kill one before we could get out of the door and chase him off. Shocking, did not think a fox could be so brazen. It was 9.30 and full light.

Will get another but not before I finish their new WIR

Comment

• Minus 1 = 2646. Billy-Peter, the ragged, shaggy scoundrel of an Orloff rooster. Loved by the girls but not fit for showing, and so ardent he damaged the hens. Good eating!

Comment

• Minus 1 = 2645. Tulip, a Sussex rock. Had a prolapse this morning and put to sleep by the vet. one of the girls laid a 4 1/2 ounce egg last week and I think it was probably her. Was fine when first out this morning but she suddenly started passing a lot of blood. Just glad I was around when it happened.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X