This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• percy 4

2626 minus our stunning silver laced wyandotte bantam cockerel who was sold to a breeding / show home yesterday.(son of our best trio in show herts county show 2012!) =2625
    Attached Files
    Last edited by petal; 22-12-2012, 08:09 AM.

Comment

• nice to hear of surplus cockerels moving home instead of heading for the roasting pan .

Comment

• absolutely but out of principal its only the ones worth breeding from that we sell or rehome. The others go in the pot and thats that. !!!

Comment

• Aye that's understandable . That one you sold is a bonnie bird so I can understand why his genes would be appreciated elsewhere

Comment

• 2626+5 = 2631. We added five friends today in the guise of 3 x Burford Brown hybrids and 2 x Cotswold Legbars (not Cream Legbars - the purebreed). Hoping these youngsters will become a more robust fowl for L platers and the woodlands. Names and pics not yet available. As the kids don't know. Am sending them out with food and drinkers early in the morning. Should be a shocker!
            Please don't tweet it though for those on Twitter as youngest is already suspicious.
            Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• lol hard to keep a secret with social networking isn't it?
              Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• Originally posted by Feral007 View Post
                lol hard to keep a secret with social networking isn't it?
                Me? Yes a bit but I'm sending the kids up there with porridge and sultanas in a bit, then the cats out of the bag so to speak. If they are not up by ten then I'm telling them there's a crisis up there!
                Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

• 2631-1 - RIP Eloïse. Never thought I'd be on here again so quickly. Disbelief and shock all round. No signs, comb had reddened up, moult over and all feathered up, weight gained and we thought this one was the one against all odds. Free ranging yesterday and eating with the others. Today we open up the nest box and there she was. Stress or egg bound? No sniffles, no odd poops, nothing.

Comment

• awww VVG, That's a real shame after your new additions settling in so well too

Comment

• echoing AP's post..

Was she one of your originals?

Comment

• Thanks guys, we are staggered. She was the last of the originals but can't have been older than 2. She was really perky and enjoying herself with the others yesterday. No sniffles, no lice, no mites, no prolapse and a lovely red comb. No attacks on the coop. Poops normal. She was scratching alongside the others yesterday. Mr VVG's face was white this morning and I just said "don't tell me!" I figured it was one of the newbies but no, the one we had pulled through everything. If I hadn't these five I wouldn't keep anymore. I really wouldn't.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Eloise VVG. Hope all goes well with the younger chooks.

Comment

• Sorry to hear it VVG. Sometimes they just go, with no explanation. Don't lose faith in chook keeping, I'm sure your newbies will scratch their way into your heart pretty quickly.

Comment

• Indeed, more than likely just coincidence!

Comment

• It's a complete b*****d when you've pulled one through everything and just when you thought you could enjoy more again. Does it ever get any easier?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X