Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Why is it always the best one?!!!! just found our lavender pekin girl (Silver) with broken neck- freak accident on nest box- reckon one of kids left top up and its somehow slammed down on her neck.

Comment

• Oh no petal!
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

• 3 hybrid hens(main stay layers when the pure breeds are taking a break) so we are up to 2601!
        decided to keep white frizzle cockerel, 2 white pekin females, 1 black female pekin 1 lavender pekin, 1 millefluer pekin cockerel, 1 frizzle black female- could be others actually...that we bred earlier in summer
        so 2601 plus 7 = 2608

Comment

• Add my eleven new Freedom Fighters. Should have been ten, but someone didn't show, so a few of us shared the extras.

That takes us up to 2619.

And I'm back up to 25. Chookaholic!? MOi!? Oooooh Yessssss.
          All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
          Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• Originally posted by petal View Post
            NO NO NO NO NO NO NO! Why is it always the best one?!!!! just found our lavender pekin girl (Silver) with broken neck- freak accident on nest box- reckon one of kids left top up and its somehow slammed down on her neck.
            Oh no, how awful. Sorry to hear it.

Comment

• All my inherited chooks are ancient, so I wasn't too suprised when our only bantam slowed right down (couldn't keep up with the others) and then just went.

Last edited by Peas'n'Kews; 08-11-2012, 07:49 AM. Reason: Can't spell!
              If the river hasn't reached the top of your step, DON'T PANIC!

Comment

• Plus my five lovely Barnevelder girls makes:

Comment

• Minus one of the new Batties - she was a little bit peaky at the start of the week, but she improved, and I thought she'd pulled herself together, yesterday.

All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• I've got a Warren, a Rhode Rock and a White Star

Bex

Comment

• Plus two new Russian Orloff girlies = 2527!

Comment

• -2 when Margy and Laverne morphed into roosters........2425, then +2 when I got the two new littlies. Tic and Tac, cos they look the same. 2527 again
                        Ali

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Comment

• 2527 minus black pekin cockerel had to be dispatched as fighting with everyone and couldn't rehome. I did warn him. 2526

Comment

• Have you guys noticed the head count in post 1118 was 2622 and by adding 3 in post 1119 the total was erroneously shown as 2525. i.e. it was understated by 100. Bottom line is running total should be 2626 not 2526. I'll go back to my breakfast

Comment

• Well after the world ends AP there won't be any chooks left!

LOL I just follow the post in front - I've never been a maths whizz. Oh wait, it wasn't me that did away with the extra 100 was it? Ooops.
                              Ali

Comment

• nopes not you . I've got a thing about numbers which sometimes isn't a good thing. Probably more likely to have been a case of pressing the 5 instead of the 6 and not an arithmetical error.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X