Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Herbie - stick with the NRT - it is soo worth it! If you get into trouble with it, post a thread - lots of us will keep chiming in with encouragement. And check out Bigmallly - he quit last year! (I think!)
    Whooops - now what are the dogs getting up to?

Comment

Potted up my 15th Dec sown chillies.

Repotted my Red Robin Toms - a bit of an experiment these on growing through the winter months as apparently they can grow successfully with poor light.

Carried on writing up my lottie diary for the up and coming season.

Comment

- racked all the wine. It's doing really well: ShirltheGirl's fruit teabag wine is ready to bottle (sweet rose, perfect for summer BBQs); so is greengage; elder is lush, thick like port; parsnip & apple doesn't taste at all like parsnip thankfully; the beetroot is finally losing its beetiness
        Last edited by Two_Sheds; 27-01-2010, 07:56 PM. Reason: punctuation OCD
        All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

sown some lyon prize tsaker leeks into a pot and placed on the kitchen window sill
          my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

Comment

Found another one of my Naga's popping his head up so moved it out of the prop under the light I have set up in the spare bedroom.

Sowed some Purple Basil seeds.

Ummmm oh and picked up some pea gravel to level out the Ecobase I've bought to move our garden shed onto (currently on breeze blocks that the previous owners put it on and it looks crap and wonky.....)

Comment

Today I sowed some Celeriac 'Alabaster' seeds, (bit of a gamble as the seed is a bit out of date, but it has two chances?!) - also put some Parsnip 'Palace F1' seeds onto damp kitchen paper to 'pre-germinate', sowed some more Pigletwillie Banana Shallot seeds to make up numbers, because I've not been too successful with my germination rate so far, and a windowbox trough of Amsterdam Sweetheart Carrot seeds, for an early indoor crop in the conservatory..
              Because up until midday, Biodynamically, it was a root day.
              Then it was a Flower day from 1pm, and will be again tomorrow, so I are mostly going to be doing flower stuff tomorrow. I've got a rather loverly couple of Dahlia tubers to pot up, and a few whacky Crocosmia corms.
              Thank you for listening.
              X

Comment

Before leaving for work, I visited the greenhouse, picked up one of my Garland 7 propergators along with 7 trays & lids, took them into the kitchen, washed them & left them to dry. Can see some sowing going on over the weekend.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

What I did yesterday......

Took delivery of my spuds and stuff from Tattieman. I was very excited but am a little worried that I may have gone overboard with the number I have ordered.......

Had some more spuds turn up from Mr F.......oops....

Levelled out the ecobase for the shed move in the garden (just need to dismantle the bugger and move it now - a job for next weekend I think.

Comment

Transplanted some seeds. Urm have to confess got the labels mixed up so I dont know what they are but hey they gotta be something right Maybe chillis but as I have never grown tham before no idea what they look like.
                    Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

Yesterday I took delivery of my seed potatoes - Charlotte and Lady Crystle. I love Lady C as a salad potato - fantastic texture and flavour. As a second early my fave is Charlotte as you can leave a few in the ground and they will get big enough for that gourmet delicacy - New Potato Chips!
                      Set them out in egg boxes to chit.
                      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Well I went and checked out the new lottie!

Just wanna get up there now and start breaking ground.

Comment

Today I made a load of 2 tier staging for the polyshed out of roofing laths and saved £285 on aluminium ones of the same size.
                          http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

Isn't digging hard?

After spending most of the day in the kitchen baking various bread based products, I decided I could no longer put off digging the new potato patch I have been promising myself.
                            I haven't done any digging for a while because of my raised bed no dig system, so after removing the matted roots of the couch grass and dandelions from about one third of the planned area of what masquerades as a lawn, and my baldy head freezing (or too hot if I wore a hat), I gave up and came in for a cup of tea.
                            At least I have started now so should, weather permitting, get it dug out and manured tomorrow.

Comment

Had grand plans for planting out my onions from modules in the GH into the veg beds, tidying up the flower beds, manuring last years alium bed & moving the fruit bushes into it and sowing some seeds in modules in the GH. What i actually did was ...wake up late, have breakfast, walk the dog, have lunch, fall asleep on the sofa .... ooops! Ah well, there's always tomorrow.
                              Jane,
                              keen but (slightly less) clueless
                              http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Went up lottie and was only one there out of 50 plots, took down all the bean poles and tidied the shed. came home and made pots from newspaper and planted peas.

Must remember not to use so much string this year and has anyone a cure for frost bite .....?
                                You have to loose sight of the shore sometimes to cross new oceans

I would be a perfectionist, but I dont have the time

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X