Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted out loads of leeks, about 60 as singles and the rest (smaller ones) dotted around where there's a little space, as pairs or triplets for mini leeks, as ran out of room in leek bed.

Set up canes for runner beans, and planted a few sweet peas there tio give them a bit of a head start (and because they'd been languishing in root trainers for too long).

Sowed a couple of short rows of swede and put a net curtain over them this time (the last lot I sowed about 3 weeks ago look decidedly the worse for wear due to flea beetle attack).

Planted out 3 courgette plants.

Comment

• I weeded and hoed my sister's garden yesterday and brough home a foxglove seedlings so planted that this morning, along with one of the sunflower seedlings I've grown. Planted clumps of fever-few around the vegetable garden. Took the net cover off the broad beans and garlic as they were trying to force their way through it. Pulled up bindweed growing under the fence from next door.

I'ts not raining, yet, today but grey cloud is moving in. I have another squash germinating, so three out of the 12 seeds, so far.

Penny
      Last edited by Meschuee; 20-05-2009, 07:15 AM.
      My photos at Webshots
      Webshots

and

http://www.picturesofengland.com
      Trowbridge, Wiltshire

Comment

• I have got rid of my courgette plants and sowed some more courgette seeds- due to them going a bit "leggy"

Oh well we learn from our mistakes, hopefully my next lot of courgettes will turn out better- fingers crossed
        Last edited by Mchanen; 20-05-2009, 01:04 PM.
        My Album, Progress so Far: -
        http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ss-so-far.html

Comment

• Updated the blog with the pictures of the potato plants and frogs from yesterday.

Repositioned the netting over my morello cherry tree which is fruiting in it's 1st year

Too wet and windy to do anything else out there today
          Noob Gardening Blog http://bintgarden.blogspot.com updated 15th January

Comment

• - replaced 3 plastic greenhouse covers (all ripped within a week of purchase)
            - noticed a 3" rip on one of the new ones
            - made a note to get a refund in June, when I no longer need them
            - planted out 6 big comfreys
            - planted out a tray of cornflower and one of nemophila, to edge my paths
            - planted out a tray of White Lisbon ... they do much better in modules than sown direct
            - weeded: another 4 buckets worth
            - watered new flower borders as we still haven't had the promised rain
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Sowed some dwarf frenchies-hopefully the'll grow fine

Comment

• Managed to get a good couple of hours work done inbetween showers today. Planted out in the new flower bed: Japanese Cherry Tree (only about 40cms tall, delivered from Bakker today - not really happy with quality), 3 bulbs/corms/thingies each of 5 different iris (delivered today from Bakker, unsure if correct planting time but they're in!), 2 trays of gazanias, sea holly, reddish grass thing (donated from parents), 2 small buxus (hoping they'll be topiary balls when they get bigger!), another potted iris (donated from parents), 2 standard fushias (donated from MIL, the fushia queen!) and watered everything that needed it in the GH. Had a wander down to the veg patch - covered in weeds that have sprung up in the last few days with the rain! No time to do anything about it today & off to London for weekend tomorrow so they'll have to wait! Going to Chelsea Flower show tomorrow - hurrah!
                Jane,
                keen but (slightly less) clueless
                http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Noticed my dwarf peas have their first flowers on ...hurrah!! Planted 3 aubergines in their final pots and a cuc in it's final pot. All I have left in the gh now are 3 melon plants! The rest is all outside but some things not yet planted out. One of my runners has died, think it got battered by the heavy rain.
                  AKA Angie

Comment

• I finally managed to get my 'rooted' shallots planted into the ground. Yippee!!!
                    Although I've still got 'In Pots': The Garlics, The Bored Beans, the Strawberry Runners, The Annual Flowers, The Dahlias, The Herbs, The Globe Artichokes, The Comfrey and everything else to plant into the ground.
                    But hey! It serves me right for being so Growingly Greedy!!
                    (Note to self: don't prick out as many seedlings next year Wellie!)
                    X

Comment

• Whilst dodging the showers today between us we managed to dig over 4 beds, hoe most of the weeds from the planted parts of the plot, applied a foliar feed to most of the growing crops, removed the cloches from the courgettes, planted 80 sweetcorn and 24 assorted pumpkins and squashes, plus got a phone call from a beekeeping friend, who may just have found us a swarm for our hives! Will know tomorrow whether we will be getting the bees this week or not! Just off now to sort out the pics of the plot from today and update the blog!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

• Not much at all, just sowed some more climbing beans, i have loads to do tho and i am starting to get panicky that i wont have time to fit it all in

Comment

• earthed up 2 rows of potatoes (630 litres of compost later...)

planted 2 trays of dianthus (100 seeds in the packet my ar$e - more like about 40!)

planted 2 trays of other flowers - i can't even remember what they were now, and it was only about 30mins ago!!

watched my cat eat a rabbit in the veggie patch

Comment

• Potted on 6 out of 62 [!!] tomatoes, potted on the red bushy sunflowers. Completely re-organised the greenhouse, as I found some ants who'd decided to set up shop in my sweetcorn loo-rolls, stuck a bit more compost on top of the cabbages, watered everything, planted out borlotti, climbing and bush beans, not many, only a few of each, I've sown more, they'll be up next week.
                            Spaced out the lettuce seedlings a bit more.
                            De-weeded.Took frequent rests becasue I seem to have caught a virus which makes me knackered and out of breath after 5 minutes of doing anything.
                            Planted out some marigolds round the celery [ just because they look pretty]. Borage seeds have sprouted, that was quick, less than a week.

Comment

• Didn't get the rain which was promised early on so managed to get to the lottie to put in climbing fr bean Blauhilde and runner bean Medley, mix of red, pink and white flowered beans. Put them both up wigwams, it's still a bit windy so gave them some protection. Got soaked as it pee-ed it down for the last ten minutes.

Comment

• Replaced the french bean that one of the dogs ate with a runner seed, I will smack noses that go anywhere near them again!
                                Planted some more pea seeds in a big pot I had 2 cabbages in, and made them a quick wigwam.
                                Weeded, and weeded, and weeded....must not leave it so long next time!
                                Bought a tigerella tomato plant at the gc, not that I need more toms, but hey.....
                                Also planted some of the chard bright lights and kale seeds I bought too.
                                My mind works like lightning, One brilliant flash and it is gone!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X