Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh and I screwed sheets of polycarbonate to the sides to give some protection.

Potty
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Potstubsdustbins View Post
      AP with regards to the container its a cut down 50 gallon cold water storage tank. About 12" deep 28" long and 24" wide. One of my biggest containers, so it was that or nothing

At the moment there are 5 onions in there, the compost was enrich with Growmore and concentrated FYM.

Living in hope I suppose.

Thanks for your help

Potty
      The pic doesn't do your container justice matey, it is bigger than it looks.

Here's a pic of my onions taken a few mins ago. Not produced to boast, I think yours are actually looking better so hopefully that will give you a boost. The red pots are one variety,the black another, both sized 6". I would normally have had them planted out in to my tunnel by this time of year but court case v council has kyboshed that. New plot can't take the tunnel so they may have to be grown in the open air this year. a wee while yet before it gets critical.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by horticultural_hobbit View Post
        I found this thread the other day-I found myself in wilkos, picking up onion seed-and think its lovely. A real credit to all those who have contributed.

My loose plan at the moment, is to sow those onions seeds in my classroom when the new school year starts. Looked on here for advice
        HH, nice of you to say so and great if you have been encouraged and you are now to tryto encourage the kids.

Onions sown in the autumn and planted out around end september/october, should be ready to use around june next year,

Comment

• Nice plants AP, shame about your tunnel.

I take note of how dry your pots look, no wonder you were worried about the state of mine.

Potty

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I'm having to water the onions every day and I do it in the evening but well spotted . There is a lot of leaf for a two litre pot and with the fierce sunshine they don't take long to dry out.
            Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 22-05-2013, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• update photos everyone please. I'll try to remember to take my pics tomorrow

Comment

• Wilko AP on the morrow.

Potty

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• As promised pics of the state of play as of today.

Still don't know whether I am doing any good but they seem reasonable to a beginner.

Potty
                  Attached Files

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• looking fine matey. I still have to take and post my pics. Height of my busy season but it is on my to do list

Comment

• Phew that's a relief.

If you remember this all started for me when a friend gave me some seed. I now know he has been visiting the site and watching progress.

So if your there TK, AP says they don't look to bad.

Potty aka Colin

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Come on TK, show us your onions We need to know how they compare with Potty's big uns

Comment

• Careful VC

I feel a double entendre coming on.

Potty

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Not from me Potty I'm not that sort of a chicken

Comment

• the smaller ones on the right of the raised bed are the ailsa craigs from seed, the biggger ones on the left are from sets.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• They look about the same as mine. That's encouraging.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X