X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KevinM67
    replied
    Great to see you back Ananke - how is that shed of yours doing ?

Leave a comment:

• Ananke
    replied
    Slightly later than I'd planned but sowing mine today.

Ailsa Craig, which I've done before and had great results.
    Bedfordshire Champion, new to me so don't really know much about them.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    Blimey, I have Onions peeping through the compost already......................
    ps year old seed too
    Last edited by burnie; 04-01-2018, 01:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    He used to being called names!

Leave a comment:

• ZsaZsa
    replied
    Cheers veggiechicken, hopefully greenleaves won't be offended.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Its Greenleaves - not Greensleeves. Won't be the first time he's been called something else. At least Greensleeves is polite.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ays_94975.html

Leave a comment:

• ZsaZsa
    replied
    Thanks for getting back to me geepee, my bad. I had a look on the said website and yes they do have windowsill propagator with various cell inserts and at a very good price too! The only thing I couldn't find was the thread by greensleeves. Peculiar, as I searched in many different ways.
    Last edited by ZsaZsa; 01-01-2018, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• geepee
    replied
    Originally posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Thanks for sharing these photos geepee. Can I ask where did you buy the 6-cell trays?
    Zsa.......Ive just realised.....DOH..!! ... I dont have 6 cell trays..!!!! The ones in the pics are in fact 9 cell, sorry to have mislead you with my poor photo skills.
    Gp

Leave a comment:

• geepee
    replied
    Originally posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    Thanks for sharing these photos geepee. Can I ask where did you buy the 6-cell trays?
    ZSA ZSA
    I got the 6 cell trays in a 'special offer' package from marshall after a recommendation by Deano on here in a thread started by Greensleeves on here 'SEED CELL TRAYS' (search it) dated 02-10-17.

A real good bargain and both the propogators and trays are good quulity (see Deano's comment )

you get 3 sets (I think)6,12 and 24 cells with Prop kit, but im sure they are available as separate item.

I like them because of their depth.
    my Onion plants are now approx' 8'' (20 cm) high (Will upload pics tomorrow, and just ready to pot on into larger pots ,75/80 mm dia but depth more important. Without disturbing the root structure.
    Next step is to add support to keep them upright and start to 'Harden Off' and move to cooler compartment in the grow box so as to maintain Light levels.
    The next move should be into their eventual growing spot.
    Gp

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    I only grow a couple of dozen for me and give the rest away in swaps round the village, they were the best red skinned ones I have grown this past summer, that's probably jinxed this years sowings(which are from last years seed purchase, so interesting to see how they go).

Leave a comment:

• geepee
    replied
    Originally posted by burnie View Post
    That's my Red Pearls in the propagator, a day late as we didn't get back until later yesterday.
    Good start, be good to see some pics when they Hatch Burnie.
    Gp

Leave a comment:

• KevinM67
    replied
    Right - I need to get my @rse into gear and do the onions from seed this year.

I'll need to get my young lad to find my seeds and trays from the shed though - there's a mouse/mice.

Leave a comment:

• burnie
    replied
    That's my Red Pearls in the propagator, a day late as we didn't get back until later yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• ZsaZsa
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jimmy
    replied
    See http://www.exhibition-seed.info/
    Jimmy

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X