No announcement yet.

Helppppp!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really pleased for you both,a voyage of discovery,finding out what else is growing,go forth and enjoy,just remember to take regular relax breaks,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Love the pictures of the place. Got a lot to do but I bet you will make it look great
      sigpic

Comment

Was told today that the lottie (the house calls it their kitchen garden) has 2x4ft wide strips of asparagus and that it was 'weedy' this year. Not weed ridden just thin and insipid. We have been asked to keep it - too right as I love asparagus but have'nt got a clue how to look after it etc.
        So question is how long will an asparagus crown last? What do you feed the little beasts? What can grow next to them as there is space?
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

p.s met Lord N today and he agrees that the French have been very remiss in not creating a recipe that included slug.
          Last edited by Lumpy; 13-01-2015, 10:21 PM.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
            Was told today that the lottie (the house calls it their kitchen garden) has 2x4ft wide strips of asparagus and that it was 'weedy' this year. Not weed ridden just thin and insipid. We have been asked to keep it - too right as I love asparagus but have'nt got a clue how to look after it etc.
            So question is how long will an asparagus crown last? What do you feed the little beasts? What can grow next to them as there is space?
            "In early spring, apply 100g per sq m (3oz per sq yd) of general fertiliser such as Growmore, or fish, blood and bone. If growth is weak, repeat this application once harvesting has finished." - from RHS - https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/grow-y...bles/asparagus

and apparently should last 20 years according to the growing guide on here - Growing Asparagus | How To Grow | Grow Your Own

Lucky you!!!

Comment

How lovely to hear of someone coming out on the winning side for once.
              You could sell cream teas to the visitors! Do you have to courtsey when you present your veggie box? Will they require you to wear period costumes to impress the visitors? I am very jealous.
              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

They probably have a veggie box with a crest on - costume for me will be tatty leggings, wellies and either hole ridden jumper or t shirts that would fit a bull elephant.
                See I can type with my little fingers up in the air!
                Now trying to decide if the 4 clumps of something in front of the asparagus bed are globe artichokes. Never grown them, never ate them so they might as well be klingon delicacies for all I know.

Comment

Hate to be the pesimest here, But at any time throughout the season the land owner can refuse you access and all your work will be in vain. If something seems to good to be true. It usually is. Get something in writing before you start. Or at least pay a nominal rent which automatically gives you rights

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X