No announcement yet.

Helppppp!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like 2015 is going to be brilliant for you.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Sounds like you both have a "bit" of work ahead but I am sure it will be great fun.

We may see you on next Downton Abbey or whatever its called

I hope Monday goes in your favour

Comment

Its not like Chatsworth but it is a beautiful house and the tiny church is glorious.
        Last edited by Nicos; 10-01-2015, 08:23 AM. Reason: Removed name of Hall for privacy.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

what a lovely place,It's a wedding venue,no wonder the grounds are kept well,info curtesy of gogle
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Might be worth asking if they will provide / pay for things like manure, canes, enviromesh etc?
            No harm in asking.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Just got back from seeing the estate manager - got to see Lord N possibly on Wednesday but Estate Manager is OK with us having it.
              No cost - a small veg box as and when stuff is ready.
              The family like toms - plum, normal and beefsteak.
              Free water - if we go on holiday (no chance of that) they will water for us.
              They turned up with a huge roll of seep hose and said we could have it.
              More horse and cow poo than we could shake a stick at.
              The reason they are being so generous is that the Hall is open to the public 12 times a year and for private visits by arrangement, let alone the posh weddings - so the lottie in this state has been commented on by visitors.
              All they want is it to be presentable.
              Sounds too good to be true don't it - we will see.

Attached Files
              Last edited by Lumpy; 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I'd lurve to have a garden like that to play gardening in - you're a very lucky Lumpy Should keep you out of mischief too

Comment

Wow! lucky you, what a fantastic opportunity, all I can add is enjoy!

Comment

Grats Lumpy. It looks lovely- well potential lovely
                    Only thing I would advise is make sure you have good communication with everyone involved, as everyones idea of presentable varies but I have no doubt you will actually be fine.

How much did you just want to start there and then?

Comment

Amazing opportunity!

If it were me I'd make a cute sign....this allotment undergoing renovation....please bear with us! Then hopefully the comments will stop and you will already be in everyone's goodbooks....

Then I'd do a bit of weeding and get some fruit bushes and raspberry canes in quicksmart....a nice neat row of somat growing that need no more work from you for a while.....

Get a little camping stove or similar, boil up some water to kill the weeds between the paving slabs before they have a chance to get going.....

And start a little blog or at least a sticky thread.....I don't want to miss a thing as you turn that garden around! You are going to have the BEST season this year!!!
                      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Plan was for tomorrow because of Mr Lumps Doctors App and the howling wind and horizontal rain but just going to have to wait.
                        Oh one of the smaller beds is an established (if now weed ridden) asparagus bed!

Comment

Why that is "Just Rewards" Lumpy!

What a very lucky pair you are, and what a very exciting project you have to look forward to for the new year!

All the very best to you both with it!

I'm as excited for you as you are!

Now "Go Break a Leg"!!!!
                          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

It's already got raspberries hidden amongst the overgrown Jerusalem Arti's - there are quite a few bits and pieces about.

Comment

It looks brilliant Lumpy all be it tired but nothing you can't make into something special.........get your thinking head on girl................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

WOW! Just, wow!

Can you see how green I've gone?

Look forward to reading about your and Mr L's progress this year.
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X