Stupid things done at the Lottie

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid things done at the Lottie

OK - Whats the stupidest thing you have ever done at the allotment, I am only asking this question as what I did yesterday is going to take some beating.

Yesterday I put my garden fork through my foot - yes entry and exit wounds, top and bottom. The afternoon was spent in the Leigh walk-in centre having an x-ray, getting a tetnus and a course of anti-biotics, luckily I have only chipped the bone slighty. However I have dented my pride massively and ruined a perfectly good wellington boot - if any requires a right foot green dunlop wellington, size 8 then I know where one is available.

Please feel free to laugh as I am more embarrassed out it than in pain, my friends are more pain than me through laughing

Darren

oucchhh!!!!!! hope youre feeling ok now and you can always plant something in the holey welly
    The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
      oucchhh!!!!!! hope youre feeling ok now and you can always plant something in the holey welly
      yeah.......and you don't even need to add drainage holes! Get well soon!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

ow ow ow

You've not got it on video have you???

Looks like another person hobbling in the run up to Xmas then?
        Hope it heals soon!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Ouch! More than a little ironic that for treatment of a harpooned foot you go to the 'Leigh walk-in-centre'. They must be taking the P.

HOPe your feeling more comfortable now and that your soon up and about and back to the lottie. Take care.
          It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

Yeowch!! How on earth did you manage that one? Hope it heals well and quickly.
            Happy Gardening,
            Shirley

Comment

Ouch!!Said from one that know's your pain!........'cept I was a mere nipper that weren't s'posed to be using the fork at the time....so kept it a secret from me ma & pa!!....caught up with me several years later in the form of something called an "extosis"....basically the equivalent of a new toe growing on the original!!(the bone had split & started growing in the wrong direction!!)
              Get Well Soon & sincere sympathy!!!(& only a tiny chuckle!!!!...honest!)
              the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

[QUOTE=snuffer;326987] 'Leigh walk-in-centre'.

Very aptley named place, I suppose the walking wounded centre wouldn't sound right, or the hobble in centre.

To try and explain how I did this, I was straddling the corner of the bed, ie legs apart, had finished with the fork and was ready for the rake so I pushed the fork downwards - quite hard as it was still a little bit frosty, not realising that the angle of my legs put my foot under the fork - what a donought

Comment

forking hell, that must've hurt
                  All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Leigh? You should have gone here!
                    http://www.onesuffolk.co.uk/hoptonpc
                    Last edited by bubblewrap; 12-12-2008, 08:51 PM.
                    The river Trent is lovely, I know because I have walked on it for 18 years.
                    Brian Clough

Comment

Bet you Won't do that again . It's made my foot go all funny just thinking about it
                      "He that but looketh on a plate of ham and eggs to lust after it hath already committed breakfast with it in his heart"

Comment

Know how you feel! Several years ago now, and in the back garden of the house where I used to live. Summer, wearing sandals, decided to quickly tidy up the edge of the lawn with a spade. Foot slipped and I took off rather a lot of skin and flesh from the underside of my foot. Never do any gardening now without my leather walking boots on!! Hope it heals quickly.

Comment

I remember mother coming indoors from chopping wood, with her finger hanging off. She went through all our teatowels before we got to casualty.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

My husband recently tried to chop the head off a chicken (to have it for lunch) with an axe (it was his first time). Needless to say the sensible chicken moved and he chopped a lump out of his arm. We had beans on toast instead!
                            Updated my blog on 13 January

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra.../blogs/stella/

Comment

2 years ago, decided to put in new fence posts on the plot, the post driver, which weighs a ton, hit the edge of post and fell towards me, hit me on head, I collapsed out of it completely, next thing ambulance on site........i suffered fractured skull, loss of brain fluid and lost 50 % of hearing in left ear.............now when I see a postdriver I am off!!!
                              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X