No announcement yet.

New adventure

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thank you for replying...I read it was best to use peat free for growing in? Maybe i misunderstood?

However the bag which was open open I've filled some pot plant pots we had and will use for plants this weekend to bring some colour to the garden.

I'm yet to sow anything unfortunately as I've been really busy the last 2 weeks in the days and evenings elsewhere.

I now have my guttering up and waterbut setup so I'm completely ready for sowing. I must admit I'm excited but nervous and now ive arrives at this point I feel completely lost 🤦‍♂️

I hope you are all well and had a good week. Will hope to become more regular in and around the forum in the coming weeks.

Kris

Comment

People are being encouraged to use peat-free compost because to do so is more environmentally friendly. Compost containing peat is not harmful to seedlings so there's nothing wrong in using it now you have it.

Here's a piece from the National Trust about going peat free: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/fea...oing-peat-free

As for sowing, there are some great growing guides on the forum here: https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/guides/vegetables

There are fruit growing guides too. And we're a friendly bunch. Anything you want to know, if you can't find it in the search box, you can always ask us. I can't guarantee we'll all say the same thing, as our experience is all based on our habits and location, but we'll be happy to answer any queries.

One thing that would be useful is if you could add your location to your signature . That way, when you ask something, we'll be able to answer with an understanding of what your local climate might be like. The edit signature facility is tucked away in the account tab of your user settings.

Seeds want to grow, so as long as you start them off at more or less the right time, you should do well. Good luck.
      Last edited by Snoop Puss; 27-05-2022, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Kris you've had some excellent advice from Snoop so all i'll add are a couple of vine link on what other members are either doing or sowing right now.

What I did today 2022 - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)

Seed sowing thread 2022 - The Grapevine (growfruitandveg.co.uk)

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Hi Kris how’s everything going? Hope alls well with you There’s quite a lot that can be sown in June,peas,carrots (sow direct thinly,at least an inch apart,they don’t transplant well) runner beans,chard,radish,swede,turnip,lettuce & rocket. Some plants can be bought at the garden centre like tomato & peppers because it’s a bit late to sow now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X