Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome Trev.
    Sorry to hear about your ankle.
    Take thebefore and after pics, it's very encouraging to look back and see the improvements.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Congratulations getting your new plot,hope your ankles alright,have you got a notebook for making all your plans? Have a look at vertical growing to save space & companion planting to fit more in I grow a lot in a small garden,I think you’ll have plenty of space & you can mix crops in with other crops if they’re friends

Comment

Got a phone call from the council today, as you guys suggested I had left my name down if something bigger came up and it has

Sadly the previous owner has recently died and as I was only just allocated my plot they have given first look at it, apparently its 6 rods in size so over double my 2,5 now. Also hoping it wont be in to bad condition as having been clearing the other site has shown how unfit I am lol, but find out friday afternoon

Comment

Good luck, Trev-P. Nice and slowly wins the race, whatever the size of your plot.

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Trev. At least starting the first one has cut your teeth so to speak (we've all been there )
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I managed to get the viewing today as the weather was alot better and all I can say is I think i hit the jackpot!

Theres a large walk in area netted off from the birds Plus a small polly tunnel, 4 raised beds that are probabley 45 inches tall all filled with good soil,
              other standard beds, fairly large covered work area/potting table, another caged area with what looks like blackberry and raspberry in there and to top it off very close water supply .I just cant believe my luck lol
              Last edited by Trev-P; 02-12-2021, 04:10 PM.

Comment

WOW ..well done you.

Comment

Lovely!! Brilliant news well done

Comment

Congrats that is a tidy looking plot Trev
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Happy growing, Trev. Well worth putting your name down. Glad it's worked out for you.

Comment

Thanks all

Now I have just got to work out what i am doing... as I said from the start a total novice at this,No idea whats best for the netted areas! maybe I should start a new post.
                        Last edited by Trev-P; 02-12-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Yes a new post with photos exciting times,it’s good having photos to look at in the evening,then you can plan what’s going where,what needs to be done.

Comment

Use the search facility, Trev, or start a new thread for each particular question. There are lots of friendly folk on here glad to share their knowledge. We might not always give the same answer, but you'll get lots of information. I like it when other people ask questions as I often learn something new from the answers other members give. It's been said on here many a time, but there's no such thing as a daft question if it's one you feel the need to ask.

And start a blog so you can keep track of progress and get comments from other people on here. Towards the top of the page, you'll see a tab marked 'Blogs'. Click on that and away you go.

Another place you could look for inspiration on this forum is Penellype's thread: https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...pe-s-allotment

Penellype has been keeping this thread going for years, so there's a lot to read on there. But masses of information too.

Comment

Originally posted by Trev-P View Post
                              Thanks all

Now I have just got to work out what i am doing... as I said from the start a total novice at this,No idea whats best for the netted areas! maybe I should start a new post.
                              You could look at YouTube too Trev. Charles Dowding in particular springs to mind - even if you don't go down the no-dig route he has some great down to earth advice and ideas particularly about starting off seed, growing and when to sow.
                              As Snoop says, to any one question you'll get lots of different answers, listen to what everyone says and take the route you feel might be best for you
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Thanks for all the advise, I have already watched a few of charles dowding on youtube and he realy does give good advice, I think my first goal is to work out what I/family wants to eat plus some experimental and take it from there.
                                Last edited by Trev-P; 04-12-2021, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X