Mr H - Newbie - Hi

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrmauy View Post
    Congratulations Mr H.... if you're anything like me now the real excitement begins!
    Definitely. I still have to wait almost two weeks before I can visit and choose a plot. Going to be the longest two weeks of the year so far. Exciting and nervous too.
    Leafy Hampshire
    2 Half Plots, learning every day.

Comment

How exciting!!
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

How exciting!! Good that you get the choice of two!

Comment

Congratulations lots of time to prepare yourself with seeds hope everything goes well!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
            Congratulations lots of time to prepare yourself with seeds hope everything goes well!!
            Yes that will be my weekend task. Start planning what seeds to buy. The scale of what I'm doing though is starting to set in. Like how many seeds will I need? I've never grown on this scale before. It's a bit daunting. I need to work out how to make sure that I don't have for example all my peas to harvest at once. Ideally I just want to be able to pick one or two days worth at a time.

It's starting to feel complicated
            Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissyteacup View Post
              How exciting!! Good that you get the choice of two!
              I thought so too until I start to think about how I would decide between them. In a way it would be easier if there was just one.

Woohoo - just realised I'm no longer a germinator
              Last edited by Mr H; 27-02-2019, 01:40 PM.
              Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                Yes that will be my weekend task. Start planning what seeds to buy. The scale of what I'm doing though is starting to set in. Like how many seeds will I need? I've never grown on this scale before. It's a bit daunting. I need to work out how to make sure that I don't have for example all my peas to harvest at once. Ideally I just want to be able to pick one or two days worth at a time.

It's starting to feel complicated
                It's called successional sowing - just because a packet of pea seeds contains 150 seeds, doesn't mean you have to sow them all at once - make three sowings of 50 6 weeks apart so that you have new plants to replace the old when they are spent.
                He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                  It's called successional sowing - just because a packet of pea seeds contains 150 seeds, doesn't mean you have to sow them all at once - make three sowings of 50 6 weeks apart so that you have new plants to replace the old when they are spent.
                  Hi thanks, yes I understood that I can sow them bit by bit, I didn't make it clear though that I have no idea how many to sow each time to supply the three of us. Or how far apart.

So are you saying that 50 peas seeds will give us a harvest for six weeks? I thought I'd have to sow a small amount each week in order to harvest each week.

Sorry for the stupid questions. When we grew in the garden the area was so small we had one crop of peas , when they were ready we harvested them and that was it for the year. Understanding the amount of space I've got available on an allotment is one of the biggest challenges I think. That and how much space to allocate to each crop.
                  Leafy Hampshire

Comment

bit hard to say, as there are a lot of variables - for smaller pea plants you can expect 3 or 4 pods per plant and obviously pests and diseases will often make inroads - as it is none of my peas actually make it as far as the kitchen :-)

Comment

So impatient that I wandered over to the allotment site at the weekend where hopefully I'll get a plot this month.
                      All looks good there, even took a general site photo.

Now if only I knew how to transfer the photo from my phone to a post.
                      Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Trying a photo

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
                        So impatient that I wandered over to the allotment site at the weekend where hopefully I'll get a plot this month.
                        All looks good there, even took a general site photo.

Now if only I knew how to transfer the photo from my phone to a post.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190304_153817.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	2382569

If that worked then somewhere waiting in there is Mr H's Allotment
                        Last edited by Mr H; 04-03-2019, 03:48 PM.
                        Leafy Hampshire

Comment

When is it you get to see them? Can’t be long now?

Comment

Anytime after Wednesday which will probably mean this coming weekend. The evenings are still not quite light enough when I get home to pop out again yet.
                            Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Fingers crossed for you Mr H!
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SarrissUK View Post
                                Fingers crossed for you Mr H!
                                Thank you Sarriss. How’s your own plot coming on? What size is it?
                                Leafy Hampshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X