Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pointy Stick has no favourites, everyone is equal on the wrong end of the Pointy Stick.

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dull but warm again. Have a good day Wow TV Chick? Didn't know you were into that
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning people up early washed dressed and about to go to my happy place for a couple of hours whilst the wife is still in bed. I'm getting lots done on my plot as I focus on one or two tasks each day. Sorting out the shed roof today as I found out the felt had basically worn away. I was going to over clad with some polycarbonate sheets I have but then the builder next door put a load of 8x4 ft correx sheets in the skip I laid them on the roof yesterday and today I have my staple gun ready Alans Allotment: Showing Vacant Plot
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all. I’ve been up since just before 5am. The first thing I do is let the dogs out. The backdoor then stays open until I go to bed. I can smell the neighbours breakfasts cooking, at the moment it’s porridge and toast. Yum, it’s making me feel hungry and I don’t usually have mine til later.

Who mentioned horseflies. Nasty things. Two of my children have been badly bitten this year and it made them quite ill. I’ve been bitten twice. I come up in a nasty blister that looks like a burn. The second bite was on the healing scab of the first one. Ugh!

Tea finished, I think i’ll have another cup and some toast.

Laters
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Bit of a disturbance in the night!.....Hibou chasing a Huuuuge moth around the bedroom. Pitch black...how on earth she could even see it!

We had a lovely end to the day...sitting in front of our fire pit...by candlelight...lovely

Need to get the lawns mown today as we might get rain later. Funny how we get two foot high weeds growing out of almost dead grass! Think they are called fox and cubs.

Almost weekend....enjoy your day peeps
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post

Pointy Stick has no favourites, everyone is equal on the wrong end of the Pointy Stick.
              That emoji should come with a "Do not try this at home" warning. Ouch.

Anyway, bright and hot today. Off to water (got up a bit late, should have done this at least two hours ago).

Have a great day everyone.

Comment

• Good Morning peeps...Hope everyone is all well today...Its a gorgeous start the the day here..sunny and warm..Gonna get the grass cut later this morning then sow some swedes for the winter...Enjoy your day ahead in your Gardens/Allotments peeps

Comment

• Morning all,nice outside,just until it burnes off later,then scorchee,Bgood2yrselves.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning, just come indoors because its raining hope it lasts long enough to make a difference.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• morning all. happy bunny today. Lifted my first stem of red doy yesterday and there are decent spuds there. only 9 weeks after planting which is pretty good for up here. Had blight warnings last couple of days and now spraying but great to know there is something under the ground if I have to take the tops off.

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post

Who mentioned horseflies. Nasty things. Two of my children have been badly bitten this year and it made them quite ill. I’ve been bitten twice. I come up in a nasty blister that looks like a burn. The second bite was on the healing scab of the first one. Ugh!
                        It's the females that are the blood sucking parasites. The males are useful beneficial nectar eating pollinators.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Wow TV Chick? Didn't know you were into that
                          Happy Sunny Friday everyone.

Flo, you're right, I don't watch much TV but having a new one means I can give the "old" one to my Mum who watches a lot of TV. If we suggest she buys a new one herself, she reminds us that she's 98 and the one she has will "see her out". If I tell her she can have my old one, she'll accept it (I hope!!). Its a bigger screen so she'll be able to watch her soaps and quizzes more comfortably.

Can't stop, I still have a load of woodchippings to move. Need to finish before the forecast rain arrives...............pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssseee.

Enjoy your day, whatever.

Comment

• VC, my mother was the same.
                            If you suggested anything needed to be replaced she would say, it will do me for my time.
                            But, if she got it for nothing she was more than happy to accept it.
                            Clever old folk.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornings - oops afternoon all!

Was on the plot early while it was still cool, scorchio again now though. Keep getting the odd dark cloud, but no showers yet, still hoping... Picked raspberries earlier - this lot is for jam, probably tomorrow, as too hot and bothered now.

Have a good'un

Comment

• Pre-Mornin n'alln'all

Just hearing the start of the dawn chorus....40 minutes later than on the longest day
                                Nature is clearly noticing the shortening days.

Hopefully back to the land of Nod again.....see ya later.....
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X