Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was there only last week!...first time ever.
    Got to the bank for 9am ...the place was empty. Most shops opened around 10am but it was amazingly quiet at that time.
    Dead easy to park too! ( don't tell anyone else or they'll all be there)
    Last edited by Nicos; 04-11-2018, 10:39 AM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Went there years ago near to this time of year, went in a shop and came and wanted to turn right, no chance a swarm of folk going the opposite way, Meadowhell is quite an appropriate description lol.

Comment

• Wynsors has come through for me, so Meadowhell can be avoided Managed to pick up some fairly smart ankle boots (they look smarter than the picture). I usually avoid anything with a heel, so they may still not be ideal for a five day trip, but they feel pretty comfy. I hate buying shoes as the selection of flats is always so limited, so if a chunky heel works for me, it could open a whole new world of smart but bad for my feet footwear.

Comment

• I have a nightmare with shoes too. Made lemon curd and two walnut and orange cakes today. Mild but dreary weather.
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• £50. I would be looking for three pairs for that amount of money
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Please, can you explain, what is Meadowhell?

Comment

• Good evening, today had been mild and dry after church we went out for lunch, (OH is still not back to normal, she really doesn't want to eat anything other than soup) then back home and was into the garden for a short time, gets dark too early now, just looking through the Vine for a time then going to read a book, as there is nothing worth watching on telly enjoy the coming week, and keep safe and healthy
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                  Rary it will be several weeks yet,anyhoo,i thought most days are a pantomime on here
                  That's because of a certain chooky burdie with a pointy stick

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Rary...the GR usually opens on a Friday towards the end of Nov/early Dec, depending upon demand.

Funnily enough I actually got the key out yesterday and gave it a polish!
                  Perhaps I should nip down and check it out...the wall paper was looking a bit worse for wear last time I looked....
                  That again i wad due to a certain person with a pointy stick, aided by a coordinator with a big trunk, and a Tardis
                  I of course tried to set a good example,but!!!!
                  This year I will be turning over a new leaf, and try keep a tight grip on things, possibly I will volunteer to be the barman

Comment

• The only thing you keep a tight grip on is your wee bawbee. I don't know what that means but it sounds like you.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Please, can you explain, what is Meadowhell?
                      it a big shopping center up northswap the E for an A

Good evening all,been a warmer day but damp this after,
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Rary, I find cheap shoes tend to destroy my feet then fall apart. More expensive shoes sometimes do the same, but are more likely to give me a year or more of daily wear or many years of occasional wear. I've had my only-for-special-occasions heels for about ten years and they're still going strong (probably cost around £30), and my hiking boots (cost around £50) have had regular use for more than seventeen years.

VC, Meadowhell (or Meadowhall) is a big shopping centre in a former industrial area of Sheffield. Very busy. I avoid going there as much as possible. I've probably only been once in the past five years and having discovered Asos, hope to never have to go clothes shopping there again!

Comment

• Thanks s-c. I've never been to Sheffield and, these days, my string doesn't stretch very far. Can't remember the last time I crossed the border into England. Haven't even been into the City Centre here for 2 years. Maybe I should make the effort.............next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by self-contained View Post
                            Rary, I find cheap shoes tend to destroy my feet then fall apart. More expensive shoes sometimes do the same, but are more likely to give me a year ohr more of daily wear or many years of occasional wear. I've had my only-for-special-occasions heels for about ten years and they're still going strong (probably cost around £30), and my hiking boots (cost around £50) have had regular use for more than seventeen years
                            What's wrong with a pair of wellies
                            My hiking boots cost me £130. they were the most comfortable footwear I ever had, I could have cried when I had to put them out, the soles were pretty well worn but the uppers were in great order, always dried naturally polished and waxed before the next walk, I am a great believer in having good footwear, and must be leather uppers, OH cracks up at me when I start looking at shoes, three pairs of dress boots, five pairs of dress shoes four pairs of trainers, three pairs for general wear, one pair of gardening boots, one pair gardening shoes and my wellies. I didn't realise I had as many pairs till I put this down, she might be right

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              three pairs of dress boots, five pairs of dress shoes
                              Trying not to comment but...............dresses??

Comment

• Rary, you have more shoes than me (by a long way).

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X