Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time for years lawn visited by a green woodpecker.

Rushed to get camera and long lens.

All there was was a fat wood pigeon.
    Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Trying to apply silicone sealant to a crack by the back door - and it decided that it didn’t want to come out of the nozzle like it should, but out of the back end of the gun instead...
      Still managed to get some where I wanted it, with the help of a plastic plant label- and the gun cleaned before the sealant set!

Comment

• Bath "essentials" ?
        Looking at replacing my present somewhat old bath.
        Found one I like of the right size, and at fair cost.
        On the right of the blurb about the bath is a list of other items needed listed under:
        "Essentials you will need for this product to function correctly"
        Third item that is "essential" for correct functioning of the bath is:
        "Poppy Back Lit Illuminated LED Mirror"

OK I am not a plumber, but exactly how is a back lit illuminated LED mirror essential to the functioning of a bath ?

Even more is that the images of the bath in the "show bathroom" doesn't actually have the essentail for functioning mirror in any of the images.

Comment

• This is not a rant just a huge sadness.
          Due to things going on at home I've picked all my blackcurrents and rhubarb and then dug the roots up and put them in the brown bin.
          I don't have the time or the energy to look after these wonderful plants anymore.
          I cried as I dug.

I'm sorry plants as you gave your all and I killed you.
          I'm dreading the rhubarb and goosegogs.
          Bugger!

p.s please don't say I could have etc till you have spent a few days in my shoes.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Bless you Lumpy x
            My rant, it’s too hot
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Train journey from hell on Tuesday now a sore point. Dehydration set off a UTI! Ouch ouch!

Hope the last tablet works.

Hope the small kids and their yappy dog from few doors up succumb to heat stroke so I can enjoy some quiet afternoons outside.
              Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                This is not a rant just a huge sadness.
                Due to things going on at home I've picked all my blackcurrents and rhubarb and then dug the roots up and put them in the brown bin.
                I don't have the time or the energy to look after these wonderful plants anymore.
                I cried as I dug.

I'm sorry plants as you gave your all and I killed you.
                I'm dreading the rhubarb and goosegogs.
                Bugger!

p.s please don't say I could have etc till you have spent a few days in my shoes.
                I know exactly how you feel. I absolutely HATE 'killing' a plant myself. I still have seedlings that I didn't have space to growing slumming it out in little fibre pots :-(

Is it possible for you to put up an offer on Freecycle to give the plants away, if you decide you won't be able to give them the care they need? I got quite a few of my fruit bushes (including rhubarb, raspberries, and one of the goosberries) from people on Freecycle.

You can even ask them to dig it up themselves. I'm sure a lot of people will be happy to take them, and you will be happier knowing the plants have found good homes where they'll get the care they need.

Comment

• My rant... Lumpy's understandable sadness. And I entirely understand the PS, too.

And another.... I'm sorry, but... The weather. The heat actually makes me shadeless plot unbearable.

Comment

• Not spending as much time on the vine as I would like. Because I'm in the process of swapping between tablets (little computer things, not drugs).

I hate technology

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirk View Post
                      Bath "essentials" ?
                      Looking at replacing my present somewhat old bath.
                      Found one I like of the right size, and at fair cost.
                      On the right of the blurb about the bath is a list of other items needed listed under:
                      "Essentials you will need for this product to function correctly"
                      Third item that is "essential" for correct functioning of the bath is:
                      "Poppy Back Lit Illuminated LED Mirror"

OK I am not a plumber, but exactly how is a back lit illuminated LED mirror essential to the functioning of a bath ?

Even more is that the images of the bath in the "show bathroom" doesn't actually have the essentail for functioning mirror in any of the images.
                      Even after being out of the industry so long I still worry about people buying from naff companies.

Obviously you can do what you like but try and buy from a store - preferably trade merchant and ask the staff. It often depends on the individual I know but they can offer a range, are familiar with most of their suppliers and manufacturers, can offer discounts but also know their budget ranges anyway.

Comment

• ^^^^^^^^^^So right I only buy of the net from companies I know everything else comes from my local merchant.

Darn I have posted in the rant thread
                        Last edited by Potstubsdustbins; 09-07-2018, 01:05 PM.
                        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I use Trust Pilot reviews to check companies. So far so good.

Backlit mirror good idea for shaving but I've met some awful ones in hotels and I get motion sickness from those magnifying ones!

Rants are. Tried to transfer cash from Ulster Bank to my day to day current account found I need some fangled card reader thing. WTF Why wasn't one issued automatically? How else am I supposed to transfer cash? Bill of exchange and carrier pigeon?

Having to play musical chairs with banks because of rate drops.

Now using peer to peer but take care.
                          Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

• Watching news last night when the newscaster said England's finest about the RAF I thought it was Britain's finest I am sure my father served in the RAF
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nowt worth watching on TV

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• I dared to dream that Football was coming home!
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X