This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
    Yesterday I put up with a day of Hollie puking for England. I accept that when you have babies and dogs you deal with this stuff. She’s been okay all day today until tonight. She’s poohed the most awful smell i’ve ever encountered and I can’t find it. It’s not in the lounge so i’ve shut the door between that room and the kitchen diner which has toned it down a smidge. I will have to wait until some decent light tomorrow to deal with it. I’m going to bed to get away from it. Goodnight everyone.
    I’ve dealt with it all, but had to get the electric floor scrubber out. There is still a faint miasma.

New rant. I want to have a punt at an investment and my bank won’t let me. Now I know they are trying to protect me and they probably think i’m vulnerable because i’m an oap. But I don’t have dementia, I still work as an accountant and it’s my money. It’s not new. 11 years ago I paid a deposit for a cruise but the bank wouldn’t release the money for the balance. I had to go into the main branch and basically beg them to let me go on holiday.

I’m having to be devious to spend my own hard earned cash. It’ll be no use to me when i’m dead.
    Last edited by JanieB; 08-02-2018, 07:17 PM. Reason: Adding a comment
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

Pot holes, broken springs, garage bill, depleted bank balance.

p.s. I've gone minimalist

Comment

People who say they will do something and then don't!!!!!!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Icy cold rain. I don't mind rain per se, but if it's going to be such cold, cold rain, then I'd rather it was snow.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Bought a new computer. So far, update downloads amount to 7 GB. We have a limit of 25 for the month. I hope it all stops soon. That said, I'd rather it hadn't stopped at "Preparing to install updates 13%" about half an hour ago. And not moved on since...

Comment

Is there a penalty for disactivating an Ipad and therefore FaceTime?
              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

#92 Local council AP, Local council
                Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

After umteen attempts over the years I have decided to have a go at baking again. They advertised 'completely non stick silicon cake tin(?), ideal for the perfect cake'

Nope, they should change it to 'completely stuck silicon cake tin, ideal for the lumps to have with custard'.

Oh well I suppose the crumbs taste OK.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

You are not doctors please stop telling me what I have and should do!!!

Just because Aussie Flu is in the paper, does not mean that everyone who gets ill has it.

Just because you are older does not mean you know more about illnesses (let alone more than a doctor).

I would love to add more but I shan't. Big fat grrrrrrrrrr!

And so not to worry anyone I have a chest infection, I saw the doctor yesterday and got antibiotics.

Comment

• Lentils and split peas stuck to the bottom of the pot while soup making! Arrgh!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

• I've got flu. I feel ghastly. I'm visiting my mum. She keeps asking do I want fish for lunch and will I make carrot soup for supper. I just want to switch the world off and go to bed. Hope it goes quickly, otherwise she's going to soon be as fed up as I am.

Comment

• Well, I've suspected it for a while and now proof has been found that some prople really do need a good, hard kick up the rear end...........................I'm referring to the story on the Beeb about the woman who left a self interested and abusive note to......................wait for it..................the paramedics who had stopped their emergency ambulance on her street. She wanted it moved.

Hang your head in shame you sad, sad woman.
                          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• ^^^^ She's been arrested, Lumpy - should be on the Happy Thread now

Sorry Mods, NCOTRT

Comment

• When you suddenly realise it’s Monday and not Friday!!
                              This is going to be a long week.......

Comment

• Some nasty little man from sub-continent phoning up at 07:50 telling he's from Talktalk and saying that he can sort out my poor connection. Asking me which lights flashing on router then asking me to run Windows laptop so he can show me what's wrong, he can't do it on iMac.
                                This is utter BS. What he is trying to get me to do is let him get remote control, it's easy to do on Windows but not on OS X (Apple). Gave him Anglo-Saxon lesson.
                                Would have rung off quicker but a Talktalk bod was due to visit. One give way was his calling a router a rowter.
                                Last edited by DannyK; 19-02-2018, 03:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                                Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X