Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying not to reply to the above especially as I had a brilliant dentist whilst I was growing up maybe because my dad was his anaestheatist. My children, however, didn’t.

My rant, we only had one supermarket until recently. Now we have 4. The choice of food seems to have gone down not up. The only differences are the quality and price. Today I couldn’t get peshwari naan (was available locally until the other shops opened) or plain yoghurt in small tubs. I don’t like plain yoghurt unless as an ingredient. This is usually a small amount, say three tablespoons. I thought i’d found a small tub. 150gm marked Discover the Choice, creamy yoghurt. So I bought it. When I went to open it, it’s pink and the top ( which isn’t visible when on the shelf) says strawberry flavour. Even if I liked plain yoghurt I still wouldn’t buy a 500gm tub. It would and has sat in my fridge going green.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• It used to be so easy to upload photos on here.
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• You Hoo...........yes you guessed it -

Completely clear sky and not a wisp of cloud to be had. Normally a good thing but with the weather about to throw a hissy fit it's going to be cold enough to freeze the bum off a monkey tonight. Oh well more profit for the energy company.................

I've become 'invalid' or so it keeps telling me everytime I have to log in to the forum. The 'remember me' option really is not applying to me at the moment............do you think the powers that be are trying to tell me something?

More money to amazoom and yes I really did need those bits.

Monty (the cat) pooing in my empty bed............you wait till I find my supa doopa water pistol then you'll have a really clean hasp!

Spent an hour stuffing giant toms - why.........................
        Last edited by Lumpy; 25-02-2018, 01:18 PM.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post

Spent an hour stuffing giant toms - why.........................
          I suppose that's one way to stop them messing the empty bed.
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
            I've become 'invalid' or so it keeps telling me every time I have to log in to the forum. The 'remember me' option really is not applying to me at the moment............do you think the powers that be are trying to tell me something?..
            Thank goodness.......I thought it was just me the forum had taken against. I keep having to log in, and it won't remember me. It's been so long since I've had to log in that I had to search for my password.....
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• The weather in all its terrors and glories.

I feel particularly for -

The homeless, some of whom will freeze to death over the coming days.
              Those that cannot afford or have the systems to heat their homes so they are warm.
              The unwanted animals who roam our streets and villages looking for respite.

May you all find warmth.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Is it just me ?
                Am I becoming even more intolerant ( not that I think that's possible )
                There just seems to be a few about at the moment .

the lip biting will continue

Comment

• My Rant - I can't bite my lip.

Comment

• This might be more of a whinge than a rant. After bitterly cold temperatures and heavy snow for my boiler has broken. We are cut off at the moment with more snow coming so there’s no chance of getting it fixed for a few days anyway.
                    Two wood burning stoves helping a lot. Grown up children not coping with extremely limited hot water supply from immersion heater. They aren’t particularly interested in when I tell them I was raised in a house where there was one open fire in one room only and six inch lukewarm baths by arrangement with my mother were a definite treat.
                    I seem to have raised a bunch of hothouse flowers.

Comment

• ^^^^^If it is a modern condensing boiler check the condensate drain has not frozen we have had 7 in the last two days, all defrosted by the owners under instruction.
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• Today I remember why I don't use the red pen for seed labels last year
                        Last week everything was fine - Today Can't read the label.
                        Must have been all that sun this week.

What colours work best?

From best to works, I think

Black
                        Blue
                        Red
                        Green

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110 (Edited).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.3 KB
ID:	2376677So. Last night boiler guy parked out on the road and waded through snowdrifts to see to boiler. Still not working. Hes coming back this morning to try again.
                          Meanwhile one daughter has been creating alternative accommodation in back garden.

Comment

• Its probably as warm in there as it is in my house at the moment - never a whale blubber lamp for heating when you need one....
                            Admittedly its a rather Georgian/cubist igloo.

Comment

• Originally posted by muck lover View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]78820[/ATTACH]So. Last night boiler guy parked out on the road and waded through snowdrifts to see to boiler. Still not working. Hes coming back this morning to try again.
                              Meanwhile one daughter has been creating alternative accommodation in back garden.
                              I remember that ....

Making Igloo out of snow drifts and sometimes if you were lucky a snow house in a drift.
                              Those were the great winters.

No TV or Electricity to distract you. Real Fire...

Then the frozen fingers tending the animals and all the day to day chores that took so much longer....

Things were so good that when I was born, I was stuck in hospital for a week until they could open the roads.
                              Last edited by 4Shoes; 03-03-2018, 10:50 AM.

Comment

• I admit a small part of me is taking vicious satisfaction in the whining of the Offspring (no hot water)
                                The rest of me would just like a warm shower.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X