This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooooo, terrified deffo Lumpster

My rant ? why has my lidls closed for 8 months, ok they gotta make it bigger but dudes, its right by my front door ( nearly ) , dont close it
    Last edited by jackarmy; 19-01-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

I had arranged for my future son-in-law to help me move a load of stuff from Spencer Road to Mill Green Allotment, but it's not going to happen when everything is wet and its raining !

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-01-20 Fed Up!.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	2376249
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        Oh and the broken tooth on the left has been shoved into second place for treatment as my TWO mankies are deemed 'urgent'.
        I feel your pain - literally! I've got an appointment for Tuesday, to start the process of making a small plate for a missing canine...... but, a lump has just broken off a back tooth! sharp edges

Guess they'll do that first and I'll be gappy for a bit longer

Comment

Another dental one as we're on the subject, couple of weeks ago now but an experience alright:
          First appointment with resident hygienist, to be told gums were inflamed and best course of treatment was a scale and polish. When this procedure was explained to me I rather hoped the tender gums thing would be taken into consideration; no chance! What followed can best be described as a form of torture, as she proceeded to scrape and probe (with just more force when met with any resistance), and just the odd word of encouragement when the pain became too much to bear. Minimal breaks for me, no finesse from her, just had to tolerate the acute discomfort and push through. Without being too graphic, lets just say I was needing to rinse. A lot. Gums were so sore for the next 24 hrs, soup and water was all I could tolerate. My teeth to be fair did come up nice and shiny after (should think so)!
          I now have little probe brush things and instructions to repeat the process at home every other day. However revisiting all that pain (ok probably won't be quite so bad as that first time) and graphicness is hardly a motivator. Ultimately though I know it's to my benefit, as I didn't even know I had an issue.
          Last edited by Philthy; 22-01-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

My wife and I refuse to go to our hygienist, she has a reputation that spreads across two towns for butchery, our dentist does it without any pain or blood, which the other never managed.

Comment

Philthy.........FLOSS! Twice a day! Why? Because you look better with your own teeth

Looks like the entire cat population of the street is using my back garden as their personal lavatory at the moment
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Ditto for hubby and I
                My rant? Why do all dental hygienists go under the name of Miss Whiplash?
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Philthy.........FLOSS! Twice a day! Why? Because you look better with your own teeth

Looks like the entire cat population of the street is using my back garden as their personal lavatory at the moment
                  Yes I know Apparently I'm to go back to the woman in three months time for a progress report, less than enthusiastic about that..

Re. your cat problem, I recommend a couple of sonic cat repellers positioned at strategic points of entry to your garden (or flower bed). I've got them, they work a treat. Pine needles or anything thorny scattered over the soil works to a point until the wind or birds moves it.

Comment

My rant, trying to shop without a car. I can buy emergency rations from the local convenience store and I know I could have shopped online and have done so in the past. I wasn’t impressed. I got my car back yesterday and have topped up my groceries but I suspect I need a lot more. I could buy one of those “old lady” wheeled bags but have resisted it so far. Apart from anything else (as in the teasing) they don’t hold a weeks shopping.

Philthy, I have the best anticat deterrent ever, his name is Prince. His sister loves cats but he doesn’t. He’s sweet and cuddly until a cat appears.
                    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                    Oxfordshire

Comment

Cans with ring pull lids - the lid always peels back beautifully until the last quarter of the can, then gets stiff, and the choice is either grasp the lid itself and risk slicing a finger on the razor sharp edge, or wrestle with the ring-pull and give the lid a good yank sending half the contents splattering across the kitchen.

Yes I know you can get a gadget to pull the ring-pull with, I've got one, but I'm not so decrepit that I should need to use one yet.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

My house is straight onto the pavement with no strip of land in the way. My front window has an upside down blind that pulls up from the bottom. It is semi see through but you have to be really nosy to do so. This morning I had the rare experience of some woman peering through deliberately. Why would anyone do this?
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Second rant, and I've thought about it and am very impressed with chef's that can produce food that is as delicious as the lunch I ate today. My problem is that for the price there wasn't enough of it. I sat there for several minutes waiting for the veggies to arrive before I realised they were under the meat. Standard dinner plate withe a small mound in the middle. The whole meal for myself and my granddaughter cost £70 and I came away hungry. I don't have a big appetite and this wasn't worth what I paid.

Middle of nowhere and obviously very popular so pubs/restaurants that don't succeed need to put their prices up into the stratosphere to succeed.
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

Will I ever master various social platforms and smart phones to the point where it doesn't feel like my head is melting. Oh well, off for a stupid movie and a cuppa to recover before trying again.

Comment

I have a smart phone, it keeps asking me to connect and to down load google,,errr no thanks, my phone rings when some one calls and it allows me to phone folk, that will do just fine for me. 'puter for forums and checking the rugby results and that does me for enough social meeja.

Comment

There I was having a quiet duvet day with my 2 pooches when I get a message from my son asking me out to lunch. Off I go and arrive 5 mins early. Am seated at our reserved table with a glass of wine. 10 mins go by, 15 mins go by. Young bar staff asks if i’m going to order or not, even though he already knows i’m waiting for other people. I explain that they’ve gone the wrong way. He comes back 5 mins later and says “I assume you’ve finished with these” referring to the menus and picking them up. Just then my son and his girlfriend turned up. This young man made me feel as if I was some old dear who’d pretended to have other people turning up. He definitely embarrassed me in front of the other diners, several of which, not only did I know but we’re friends and had actually come to the table and chatted with me. What makes it more galling is that my dil is the administrator for the owner. I didn’t do anything at the time (my son turned up in the nick of time), but I don’t know if he was asked to do it by the manager. I sincerely hope that they will find a more diplomatic way of dealing with things.
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X