No announcement yet.

What Is This & Would You Eat It?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you put grated cheese all over it,you can hide the purple? Ive never tried purple potatoes,if you're not used to it it does look odd but I'd eat it still. This reminds me of a restaurant in London 'dans le noir' where everyone eats in the dark,or have a tiny bit of light on for your safety. Or you could make croquettes or fish cakes with them,the colours would look good maybe more hidden.

Comment

Postman brought me prezzies again today!
      Thank you VC
      Wow that's a lot of purple spuds! And they are very very purple

That's at least 2 bottles of red I owe you in the GR.

Comment

Try cooking one first before you bung 'em in......if you don't like them, don't send them back.

Comment

Will be trying a couple in different ways just to be sure. That will be a surprise for Bob tomorrow night when he gets a couple of purple chips hidden under the normal ones
          He'll be having a purple roast spud Sunday. Mash Monday. If I haven't planted them already by then

Comment

^^^Good plan. Let him into them gently and leave the mash till last...

Comment

Be aware - they turn your tongue purple and goodness only knows what they turn into inside you

Comment

Beetroot has similar effects next day

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Beetroot has similar effects next day
                  But by that time it's out of you again.

I did put a note on the purple mash saying "This is not playdough"

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

The first purple spud has been sacrificed. Turned into chips.

............. We like purple chips

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      The first purple spud has been sacrificed. Turned into chips.

............. We like purple chips
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Chips, roasted and mash have all been tried.
                        I'm growing them purple spud bad boys next. They are all lovely
                        Oddly enough they all taste like spud

Comment

Glad you like them! I still have a couple but just can't bring myself to eat them. The only way would be if they were called something other than potato. I have no problem eating beetroot or aubergines so, can you come up with another name for a purple tatty to fool me

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Glad you like them! I still have a couple but just can't bring myself to eat them. The only way would be if they were called something other than potato. I have no problem eating beetroot or aubergines so, can you come up with another name for a purple tatty to fool me
                            Batata púrpura?

Of course one of the old names for potatoes is "b??t??d potatoes" so if you stick purple in there you have a historically correct name that reflects you thoughts

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Any of these appeal to you
                              https://www.shelikesfood.com/roasted...hyme-dressing/
                              https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/...-potato-salad/

Comment

I can't cook anything from Jamie O as I don't like his face
                                ..............and its not even purple!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X