No announcement yet.

What Is This & Would You Eat It?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never tried them but blue/purple veg does not seem very appealing. Would give them a try though.
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      Purple spuds are on my wish list for growing next year.
      The Postman will be with you soon. My unwanted spuds are ready to be posted - you lucky Pumpkin

Comment

Not to cloud the issue but potatoes probably weren't originally whiteish.

They also weren't related to the Solanaceae but the Convolvulaceae (ie the same family as bindweed)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
        ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
        ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          The Postman will be with you soon. My unwanted spuds are ready to be posted - you lucky Pumpkin
          Wow thanks VC.
          You're like my fairy godmother/chicken

Comment

I thought they were Purple Kippers! ..............
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

I bought some of those 5p spuds too - with a view to growing them next year. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eap_95177.html
              Having cooked some in various ways, I'm sticking to white spuds.
              These made me think of something you'd find in a specimen jar - like a diseased body part or a bruise. Made me feel quite squeamish!
              A plate of food should look attractive, colours should be complementary but purple spuds looked awful alongside baked beans. Orange and purple
              I've chosen No Way Jose as I won't be eating them again - ever!
              If anyone would like 2 bags of spuds, chitting already....................
              Try pickling Choggia beetroot for that 'Specimin Jar' look! I also pickled yellow beetroot this year which also had a rather nasty look about it.. Neither will be grown or pickled again.
              No fancy for purple spuds either unless someone can convince me they have an exceptionally divine taste!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
                Try pickling Choggia beetroot for that 'Specimin Jar' look!
                I've pickled them as well. They go completely white after a while. They still taste good

Comment

No fancy for purple spuds either unless someone can convince me they have an exceptionally divine taste!
                  They tasted of "blood" - a sort of metallic aftertaste - to me anyway. To be clear, I haven't eaten meat for 30 years, nor am I a Vampire - so my idea of what tastes of blood may not be very accurate.

Comment

They tasted of "blood" - a sort of metallic aftertaste - to me anyway. To be clear, I haven't eaten meat for 30 years, nor am I a Vampire - so my idea of what tastes of blood may not be very accurate.
                    If they taste, and cut, like a medium rare steak I could be convinced to grow them!
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      I've pickled them as well. They go completely white after a while. They still taste good
                      ......................must admit, I didn't have the heart to eat it. The jars contents went straight into the bin!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

If they taste, and cut, like a medium rare steak I could be convinced to grow them!
                        Steak and chips rolled into one!

Comment

Try pickling Choggia beetroot for that 'Specimin Jar' look! I also pickled yellow beetroot this year which also had a rather nasty look about it.. Neither will be grown or pickled again.
                          I made beetroot and apple chutney using Choggia beets the result was a rather pretty looking pink chutney.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I had a look at the first picture again - nah, I don't think I could eat them.

(Although Scarlet's didn't look that bad)
                            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

^^^^ Nope - but black toms aren't black inside anyway
                              You could cook a rainbow

Red (peppers)
                              Orange (peppers)
                              Yellow (peppers)
                              Green (peppers)
                              blue (Spuds)
                              Indigo (Spuds)
                              Violet(Spuds)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

^^^^ I don't eat peppers.........................or coloured spuds, now

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X