No announcement yet.

What Is This & Would You Eat It?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Guy were they Albert Bartlett Purple Majesty by chance ?
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Sorry Cadalot, I meant Purple Majesty, not Majestics. Not thinking there.

Comment

I grew un-named Purple ones this year they were floury so after trying to steam them the rest were turned into roast potatoes.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I grew the Purple Majesty this year - purple chips, purple mash, purple roasties, purple baked spuds.

Liked them and I'll be growing them again next year.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
            Big Guy were they Albert Bartlett Purple Majesty by chance ?
            Spot on Al................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think it would be a lot easier if you was brought up eating different coloured veg. Taste wise, there was no difference, I just found it difficult to look at.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I bought some of those 5p spuds too - with a view to growing them next year. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...eap_95177.html
                Having cooked some in various ways, I'm sticking to white spuds.
                These made me think of something you'd find in a specimen jar - like a diseased body part or a bruise. Made me feel quite squeamish!
                A plate of food should look attractive, colours should be complementary but purple spuds looked awful alongside baked beans. Orange and purple
                I've chosen No Way Jose as I won't be eating them again - ever!
                If anyone would like 2 bags of spuds, chitting already....................

Comment

Have you tried making your own baked beans with different coloured beans. A plate full of cobra in a tomato sauce made from black tomatoes?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

^^^^ Nope - but black toms aren't black inside anyway

Comment

Purple spuds are on my wish list for growing next year.

Those of you that have a problem with the colour, do you have the same problem with purple sprouts or kale? What about gold beetroot or white aubergine?
                      Basically what I'm asking is it just a spud thing or is it different coloured veg in general?
                      Just being nosey

Comment

It's a purple thing! And blue...
                        He-Pep!

Comment

It wasn't so much the colour. I I had visions of dishes with pink/red potatoes, carrots and goodness knows whatever else I could find of a similar colour, for example. Maybe I was just over-enthusiastic and the reality was a bit of an anticlimax. Either way, I didn't find the taste of any of the coloured potatoes I tried much to write home about. But others love them. You won't know till you try!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            ^^^^ Nope - but black toms aren't black inside anyway
                            My boys used to think yellows sauce on their pizzas were fab!
                            Last edited by Scarlet; 14-11-2017, 12:18 PM.

Comment

I knew I'd pondered about this before http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...les_68929.html
                              Interesting to see that BM hasn't changed his mind about Purple!

Comment

Very interesting thread that VC. Thank you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X