Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening, hope you are all well, especially given the above story. The ice has not melted in our street today and I've not moved from the couch as I've a rotten cold! Daughter and son in law left yesterday afternoon for home in Cheltenham...left in beautiful sunshine then hit freezing fog, lashing rain and finally snow. Arrived home safely thank goodness.
    Just off to have a quick bite to eat so see you later...enjoy the rest of your evening.
    sigpic

Comment

• good evening, was out at the greenhouse where I emptied a basket that I had grown begonias in, lots of vine weevil in it so removed those I could find and put them into a saucer and placed that outside as the temperature was dropping below freezing checked after an hour and it looks like the frost has solved a problem, i have now spread the compost thinly over a plastic tray one of those for holding grow bags, I will leave it out for a day or two, for the weather to do its job, so quite happy with that.
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Jay should have asked, why do you need steelies, for Ayrshire, I know we can be a bit rowdy, and tramp on peoples toes, but surely we are no that bad.
        and Janie, our son and daughter had that game, Cards Against Humanity, but my wife and I were told they would not be playing it till we left, so don't really know how it is played.
        Was back out at the greenhouse but its too cold to be doing anything, so back in the house and about to get a book out and have a read, so keep warm, keep safe, and pass on a smile
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Had a nice if somewhat cold walk down to the beach this afternoon, certainly blew the cobwebs away, that wind is straight off the snow covered hills, supposed to be fishing this time tomorrow night, hope it warms up a bit(I must be mad, so my wife says anyway lol)

Comment

• Our tezzy turkey was disappointing - more meat on the legs than the breast. What there was of breast was delish, but the legs had loads of gristle!
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning All Hard frost here. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, hope everyone's ok
                Frost here too Flo
                Might brighten it later hopefully
                Have a great day
                Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning All

-1 in the greenhouse, but as I aint going nowhere it dosent matter

Have a great day all

Comment

• Cold and very cloudy. Purple clouds. Snow forecast up in our nearby mountains, but looks a bit like some might be dumped here. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing!

Better get some firewood in just in case.

Hope you all have a great day, guys.

Comment

• Morning all,

Hard frost here, but the sun is low and glaring so fingers crossed it sticks around and I get another afternoon in the veg patch. The bottom part looks alive and healthy for such a small amount of effort (although I have probably said that too soon and something will spite me).

Have fun as usual and stay warm x

Comment

• Happy Thursday
                        Frosty here too, the GH is iced over and -2 inside but its warming up rapidly as the sun hits it. The grass is crunchy underfoot and everything sparkles against a clear blue sky. Very pretty - when you look at it through the window. I've let the chooks out but I'm staying in until it warms up a bit.
                        Snoop, snow should be good, its just cold rain.
                        Have a great day everyone and watch your step out there with all the skiddy stuff

Comment

• Morning crew - Mrs C took another tumble last night on the way to bed, I had to wake up my daughter and it took us an hour but we managed to get her up in the stair lift and into bed. We did phone 999 about half way in as we were having no luck lifting her, but they were on an hour and a half call out, plus Mrs C did want to go to the hospital so made a greater effort to assist us.

Depending how she is today, she may have to rest up in bed for a few days again. Have a good one people.
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Cad, just a thought. Does Mrs Cad have an alert button thingy that she can press if she has a fall? My Mum has one and someone comes with an inflatable cushion thing to lift her back on her feet. Its really good, especially if you're having difficulty lifting her yourself. Its also peace of mind for you if you should need to leave her alone for a while.

Comment

• Sorry to read that Cads....can't be easy

Take care Mrs C

Comment

• Morning
                                Sorry to read Mrs Cads had a fall hope she's not sore this morning, that alert button VC's mentioned seems a good idea.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X