Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 Day and counting......................

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ugh..

Behind you!!
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

............and in front of me

Look out, Bladders, something wicked this way comes!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I must be softening in my old age, Baldy.
        Thanks Baldy, she has finally admitted it, and before you say anything remember its in front of us also in a few years time
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

And the courtesy bit I was thinking of, was when we were in Basingstoke while on holiday my wife was buying some cakes and scones from a bakers shop and held over a RBS £20 note which was refused, which we could have accepted if it wasn't for the fact that the next door on the same building was the RBS, needless to say we just walked out without purchasing the food
          Last edited by rary; 11-11-2017, 10:22 PM.
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Rary...you've just reminded me of a time back in the '70's when OH and I arrived in Athens whilst doing Inter-rail.
            All the banks were shut but there were a few money touts offering to exchange sterling travellers cheques for Drachmas.
            Naturally the rates were lower than what the banks offered, but heck, we needed a small amount of local currency.
            When I got out the travellers cheque he spotted RBS on it...and promptly offered a much lower rate!
            Needless to say, we managed to get him to up the offer back to his original rate...but what a flippin cheek!
            Last edited by Nicos; 12-11-2017, 05:56 AM.
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Right...back to the countdown...
              And yes, 'Tis I Leclerc' altering the thread title on a daily basis....if anyone had noticed? !

You will be pleased to hear that the GR key is indeed well polished and I actually went in and had a quick look around.
              Tis a tad dusty and needs a bit of a polish , but the fires are set, We just need to think about which guest beers we need to get delivered....I've ordered the same as last year in the drinks department...but Tis the last chance to get in any last requests!

I have located a potential list of guest beers if anyone is interested?
              Bearing in mind it's a family forum pub though...

https://www.findmeagift.co.uk/topics...nny-beer-names
              (Funnily enough I've already sampled no 1 and 25!)
              Last edited by Nicos; 12-11-2017, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Lets face it guys the kilt was only invented so that loose change could not be put into pockets! but then they made a little bum bag sporran thing to hold it. But coming from north of the big wall that was built to protect the English sheep, the locals decided to wear the sporran over their family jewels - or that what my Uncle James who came from Scotland told me when I was but a child.

He also noted that many sporrans have three little balls not unlike the pawnbrokers sign hanging on them. What he was telling me could be true but bearing in mind the location of the sporran it could just be a lot of balls.

Nicos loving the beer list and I think Uncle James liked and drank a lot of No 31. He did mention that when seen with painted crosses, that they were the ones that kicked but I never really understood what he was talking about!
                Last edited by Cadalot; 12-11-2017, 06:33 AM.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Nicos - can I have a crate of Moose Drool please?

As for the rest if I read the names quickly enough they all sound like a description of a particularly noteworthy summer I had many moons ago.

I keep seeing references to panto's does anyone think we should have one this year?

Jock and the Beanstalk?

Now returning to the Lurgy Hotel where I've been living in room 101 for the last few days.
                  Last edited by Lumpy; 12-11-2017, 07:13 AM.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Right...back to the countdown.
                    And yes, 'Tis I Leclerc' altering the thread title on a daily basis....if anyone had noticed? !

You will be pleased to hear that the GR key is indeed well polished and I actually went in and had a quick look around.
                    Tis a tad dusty and needs a bit of a polish ,
                    Ah and here was me thinking Lumpy had been granted Mod. privileges a
                    As for the dusting and polishing, I don't do housework anyway is that not women's work, ( will now make a quick comment about the beer and disappear before someone tries to hang me out to dry)
                    Any kind of beer will do as long as its free

Comment

Living dangerously again Rary I see... ;0
                      sigpic
                      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                        Nicos I keep seeing references to panto's does anyone think we should have one this year?
                        Jock and the beanstalk
                        No unless you can find a Jock willing to do it and before you ask no, and anyway my name is rary

Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                        Living dangerously again Rary I see... ;0
                        Why for asking for free beer?

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                          Ah and here was me thinking Lumpy had been granted Mod. privileges
                          Lumpy?...with Mod privileges
                          Cor blimey rary.....
                          She'd probably have either accidentally banned herself by now or turned us all to fairy dust!

Te he.....

Comment

So....what did one piece of fairy dust say to another?.....

Comment

'Quick quick Rary is buying everyone a drink'.....................boom boom.

Talking about Rary - I'm so glad that he see's housework as a womans job because I have a manly job that will boost his street cred, endear him to all GR visitors and make it so he can wear a coat of arms like any superior being...................................

Here's your bucket, shovel and gas mask Rary you can go and clear out the compost loo's so they are all fragrant.

On a more serious note - who has hidden VC............come on fess up...............I'll pay the ransom demand.
                              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                So....what did one piece of fairy dust say to another?.....
                                I don't know what did one piece of fairy dust say to another ?

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                                On a more serious note - who has hidden VC............come on fess up...............I'll pay the ransom demand.
                                I have no Idea who has kidnapped VC but I know the elephants have got Big Ears, you know Noddy's mate.
                                Last edited by Cadalot; 13-11-2017, 08:05 AM.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X