Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine Problem Thread (Constructive comments only please)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All we know Cads is the server fell over, the techy guys are trying to establish why

Comment

A little bit more Cad, but Chris ....who is part of the team sorting things out...will be coming on here to explain further when they know for sure what has been lost and what they can retrieve.
      There has been some mention of back ups but I think the experts need to explain to us themselves.

But we know for sure it was nothing to do with the upgrade.

Do keep the observations coming in though please....the more they are aware of what is missing, we hope will improve their ability to retrieve things.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Well I think the loss of pictures has been mentioned often enough now but mine are all missing, too.

When I visit the home page and log in there, I get a welcome page saying "thank you for logging in..." and then I'm redirected to the home page (as it should be) but still get the login fields and no links to "private messages" etc. as if I wasn't logged in at all. But when I simply click on a thread and the next page opens it shows that I was logged in perfectly, all the personal buttons and messages are there. (I've mentioned that before, just repeating it here for the sake of completeness)

I also got kicked out in the middle of writing a private message with the error page VC posted above (server temporarily unavailable, try again later).

Same in the middle of loading a page.

Both times I had to log in again even though it was only a few minutes later.

System is very slow to accept/digest/add "likes".
        Last edited by nellie-m; 23-01-2017, 08:58 PM.
        ...bonkers about beans... and now a proud Nutter!

Comment

Looks likely that the missing pics from the "onions from seed" thread is part of this ?

Comment

It will be AP, the links to the pictures are broken and hopefully can be recovered from a back up. We cant say what will happen until Chris gives us all an appraisal of the situation.

We know its a pain but we can honestly say we know as much as everyone else apart from knowing it was not a planned event
            Last edited by Greenleaves; 23-01-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
              All we know Cads is the server fell over, the techy guys are trying to establish why
              Hope the Server recovers and tell him/her/it to put a bit of water in it next time!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Every post I have written since June 2014 has gone missing......

Ooop's... wait a sec....I haven't written anything since June 2014

Comment

^^^ Nutter Good to see you again johnjohn !

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    ^^^ Nutter Good to see you again johnjohn !
                    Thanks VC, and you. Not a mod then? blimey

(bet you've still got a pointy stick though)

Comment

I've noticed for a while & it may be a planned downtime but every night around 00:15 the Vine either goes down or runs very slow.
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I was wondering if people have noticed the Vine behaving very differently on different devices...PC, iPad, phone....?
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

When I am using my kindle to access the vine it usually takes a lot longer to move from page to page in comparison to using the laptop, this has been going on now for about six weeks but not being too good with computers I just assumed this is normal
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

I find the kindle much slower to use compared to the computer Rary.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                              It will be AP, the links to the pictures are broken and hopefully can be recovered from a back up. We cant say what will happen until Chris gives us all an appraisal of the situation.

We know its a pain but we can honestly say we know as much as everyone else apart from knowing it was not a planned event
                              Thanks for that. I hadn't been on for a few days and didn't know there had been a problem.

Comment

I had the server error message yesterday - around 2pm.

Things are very slow to load, especially pressing like.

I couldn't upload pictures before

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X