Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vine Problem Thread (Constructive comments only please)

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely an issue with pictures and yesterday's posts. Normally what computer bods do with things like forums is take a backup every so often. If this has been done most of the pictures should hopefully be on the backup, although yesterday's posts may well not be.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Once the IT Guys find out what caused the problem, hopefully they will inform us and stop the speculation, but rather than having the impending downtime for the upgrade which has been hanging over our heads for 2-3 months it would be good to have some clear communication from Admin as to where they are and what the program for implementation is.

It should not be for the mods to have to chase, Admin should take the lead on that and post here, after all they are quick enough to ask for feedback to specific questions directly when they want to fill space in the magazine.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

I find it strange that Jonny's shed is the only one still showing. Wonder what he did that was different to anyone else.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Having looked through a few threads it appears that personal photos have gone awol but photos posted from links i.e birthday cakes, advent calendars etc are still there..........still doesn't answer Jonny's pics unless they were linked from an external source that he has................i.e Photobucket.
          Last edited by Bigmallly; 22-01-2017, 02:47 PM.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I think you are probably right BM, if it was planned obviously a migration issue

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              Having looked through a few threads it appears that personal photos have gone awol but photos posted from links i.e birthday cakes, advent calendars etc are still there..........still doesn't answer Jonny's pics unless they were linked from an external source that he has................i.e Photobucket.
              Din't someone already mention that?

Now who was it?

Oh yes, me.

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
              Pictures posted as attachments have gone, pre today....
              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
              Endless wonder.

Comment

Testing - ignore me (as usual)

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF8376.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	2370820

You can look now!
                I uploaded this photo from my computer.
                Went to "Manage Attachments" as this normally shows the last 20+ images I've uploaded.
                There are NO images except this new one.
                I'd hoped to find a hidden cache of photos but, sadly, No
                Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-01-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I find it strange that Jonny's shed is the only one still showing. Wonder what he did that was different to anyone else.
                  Hass he been sending Admin cake on the sly...?
                  Last edited by sparrow100; 22-01-2017, 06:35 PM.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I'm not getting any notifications when posts are added to threads I'm subscribed to.
                    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
                      Hass he been sending Admin cake on the sly...?
                      And buns
                      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

After successfully downloading my profile pic yesterday it has now disappeared, yet it still shows on my profile. Also I've just had to restore Auto by clicking on the button below this post. Hope this info helps.
                        I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

Miss MT - your profile pic on your profile has been there for ages! Its different to your Avatar which appears on your posts under your name (like my chicken). You need to upload that as a separate exercise.
                          Avatars and images in signatures cannot be edited at present. You'll have to be patient for a while longer!

Comment

Update.....Admin are now looking into the problem.
                            Will let you know what's going on as soon as we find out
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Update #2

Apparently it was nothing to do with the upgrade...

The team are still working on the server.

Please continue to post anything unusual you notice with the forum which might need attention.

Will keep you up to date again when we know more....
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

After yesterdays antics, I thought it may help the Mods if we had a dedicated thread relating to problems on the Vine rather than comments being fragmented & risk being missed.

My 1st problem is - My Albums are still missing, if anyone sees them please point them in the right direction. Thank You.
                                Now you mention it my pictures from my album have gone awol too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X