This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening all

Not a good start to day. I went to the Drs for a blood pressure check and the nurse said I also needed my blood taken which I queried because I am a total wuss at being poked with a needle - it's always a trauma as they struggle to find a vein and normally end up jabbing both arms. After suffering feeling faint and sick from the experience, she tells me whoops, I didn't need to take blood after all gRRR!

The positive news was that my blood pressure is now stable thanks to the medication I'm on.

Was very cold and back to wearing coat and gloves. Hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Looking forward to Friday!
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• There's a coincidence Marie - I'm going for bloods tomorrow - under sufferance as I disagree about the level of blood glucose that needs further investigation. I've worked on a Renal Unit for almost 30 years, so I'm pretty sure I would know if I was diabetic. I'm off to search for a Mothering Sunday card now for the MIL. See you all tomorrow
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Evening all, cold today. OH and I went for a walk this evening, I was glad I put on a winter jacket as it was freezing even though the sun was shining. Lottie we are not even grandparents never mind great grandparents! Daughter and Son in Law keep deciding to go on lovely holidays rather than start a family and who can blame them! It's Vietnam next week! Maybe some day?
        Hope you all have a lovely evening.
        sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Just got back from taking eldest to triathlon club, put to bed & making some dinner. OH in bed - still bad with teeth so he's trying to see the dentist again in case there's an infection. Also have to do packed lunches - might only be 3 - & make cakes or biscuits for cake day at school tomorrow. Then I might get to bed by 11 if I'm lucky!
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• good evening, a cold wet day today with hail also, had some cabbages out hardening them off but had to put them back in the greenhouse as the leaves were getting shredded by the hail, and I see the temperature will be low next week so I think I will leave my young plants covered with fleece all week.I am sitting here looking at a blackened finger nail, OH will have to do something about her purse as the spring is too strong for me to get into it safely, all I wanted was some money to buy her a card. Well the kitchen is finished the door has been refitted and it all looks ok. thought OH would be grateful for all the work done, but she isn't too happy, when she asked what I thought of it I said, its fine but it was fine the way it was, so we are back to walking on egg shells again. Women are hard to understand, you have to think, does she want an honest answer or do I need to be diplomatic about it, like the proverbial " does my bum look big in this" I have found the best answer is, do you feel comfortable in it when you look in a mirror, don't say, its not/its bigger, than that womans over there, you may not be told you shouldn't be looking at an other woman, but you will get the message. Well time to go, Friday tomorrow, then the weekend, so enjoy yourself, I will be taking my wife out for a meal over the weekend as its our anniversary, I wonder if she will want to sit in or have them wrapped, and we can eat it out the paper, I will even be a gentleman and carry it myself so she doesn't get her hands all greasy and dirty off the news print and I will let her get a share. Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Oh you are such a romantic rary! Happy Anniversary to you both!
              sigpic

Comment

• She's a lucky woman rary! Happy anniversary and tell Mrs rary her long service medal is in the post

(Quite fancy being taken out for a bag of chips myself - will have to leave this thread open around OH)

Biscuits made and decorated, drying now & to be boxed up in the morning. Nos da from the wild west
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good Morning All Happy Friday and have a good day. I'm off to the GP at half seven and have to miss my morning cuppa

Comment

• Morning all - Good luck at the Doctors Flo - Well the (bathroom) scratch that Wet room is finally tiled and they have straightened the walls to the WC and that is suppose to be tiled today - will they actually get the whole room done in a day I wonder ?

Cold here this morning at 6:30 it was 2.8C outside and the greenhouse was between 4 - 5 degrees C. - looks like I may be doing the indoors night and outdoors shuffle with the tray of Spring Onions and anything else I manage to so as the Over Wintering Onions and Tree Onions make their way to the allotment.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Thanks Cad Happy St Patrick's Day

Comment

• Morning all, bright, but nippy out there this morning.
                        Happy Anniversary Rary, we have ours next week and are taking a few days in Sandbanks to celebrate, I'd like to think a bag if chips won't be involved, but you never know lol
                        Have a great day all, I'm off to work this morning
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning just started raining here so no sunshine today.

Happy Anniversary to rary and Mrs R hope you both enjoy your meal, and don't forget to take your own forks those wooden ones are rubbish.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Happy anniversary Mr and Mrs Rary and Mr and Mrs Nannysally99. And good luck at the doctor's, FF.

Chilly here this morning again... Dunluces are determined to go out but they're just going to have to take no for an answer. Must be very hard for seeds: warm in the daytime and then freezing (literally) at night. Spotted a lizard yesterday basking on my leek seeds, it was that sunny.

Happy Friday everyone.

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

Happy St Paddy's Day
                              Gosh...Friday already!...soooo nearly weekend....

Enjoy your weekend rary...just fancy some fish n chips myself....mushy peas and curry sauce...mmm...

We had fantastic weather yesterday, it easily hit 19C .
                              We ate lunch outside and gardened until gone 6pm, so Sparrow.....I can sympathise with your aches and pains this morning!

I'm hoping the grass will have dried enough today for it's second cut -it's very much in need of it
                              And yes...OH is stilll talking about how 2sheep will save us so much hand mowing.
                              (Maybe that's why he's leaving the5hrs of handmowing to me?....)
                              5hrs of slow walking-I wonder how many calories that burns up
                              And yep....still trying to diet/get fitter

Have a great day all-
                              -those not well, have a hug,
                              - those celebrating, enjoy!
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, dull and wet here this morning. I'm off out this afternoon to meet a friend for afternoon tea in the big smoke so looking forward to that! Hope you all have a fab day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X