Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All Sunny here and with all my housework done already I can play in the garden. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, bright but nippy I would say today.
      Washing to do, more cards to make, seeds to sort out and work this afternoon
      Have a lovely day folks
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Wet, wet, wet.

Went up to my ankles in mud but I was determined to do my daily garlic count: 65 of 80 have now popped up.
        You could either see this as far too many or not enough. Too many for Mr Snoop and me, but not enough if we have to supply our friendly neighbour, who seems to eat a whole roasted head every day...

Hope the day goes swimmingly, guys.

Comment

• Morning Peeps, a nice sunny day and once again I'm house bound as the contractor continues to tile the wet room. So I have a delivery of Asparagus crowns in plastic bags what's the best way to store them until I'm ready to put them in which at the earliest will not be until next Sunday. Should I unwrap them or just keep them in the shade and in a cool place?
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning, lovely here today too. Flo, how,can you possibly have all your housework done by 8am, I'm still trying to drag myself out of bed at that time!
            After domestics I am going to try to get some seeds started-the usual toms and chillis for a start. Having a bash at basket of fire this year which I wanted last year but was too late to get them started.
            Hope you all have a lovely day.
            sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all!

It's a lovely sunny day and my chores are done so I'm off to the allotment. I've just realised it's St Patrick's Day on Friday so I've given myself permission to think about getting a few potatoes into the ground. I love Spring!
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Good afternoon all. Beautiful sunny day here. Sitting on train speeding through the countryside on our way to Cork. Hubby has some business there so I decided to go with him. Its a nice way to spend a Monday.
                Have a good day all.r

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Roasting up here 11 degrees is as much as we get in August some years

Comment

• No Jay - I meant my housework was mostly done over the weekend to free up today - not that I'd done it before eight this morning - blimey that would have given Superwoman a mammoth mission! It's bright and sunny but freezing cold. I've been out to water the seeds, but I'm back inside in the warm now looking to buy plants and seeds with an impending visit from my daughter

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                      Morning it looks a good day to be out in the garden
                      I've been in the garden nearly all day washed plant pots and cleaned labels, weeded and a general tidy up.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon Folks, have been very busy over the last few days, and had some free time today and intended to plant some potatoes, but unfortunately one of the grandsons had to be brought home from school so that ended any idea of gardening, now at my daughter's with him and his brother waiting for daughter to come home, and won't manage to get any work in the greenhouse later as I have a meeting tonight, might be on later, enjoy the remainder of the day
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I was supposed to be out in the garden today with a bonfire but my son wants to put the kitchen floor down next week and needs the cork flooring removed (don't ask). So, I hired a floor scraper. About 3sq m into it the end falls off and I have absolutely no idea how to replace it. He turned up and took me out to dinner and it turns out he has one of these gadgets in his van. So I'm returning the one I've hired and they'd better not charge me.

As it turns out everyone had their washing out anyway and I would have been the most unpopular neighbour if I'd had the bonfire.

I also started off 2 x 5 gallon wine kits. The seeds I planted 2 days ago are already showing signs of life and (how do I do a small font) I've bought a cheepo blowaway. My baby plants need somewhere to go.

I'm now exhausted and if I make it through to watching Broadchurch without dropping off it will be a miracle.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Me too, Janie! Broadchurch will have to be real gripping the seat stuff to keep me awake tonight!

Glorious day. As soon as my daughter went to school, I rushed into the garden. Spent a happy and tiring day doing a 2nd bed of onions, shallots and garlic. Dug out some flower borders ready for more veggies.

Came back inside when the sun finally went off the garden this afternoon. More days like that one please.

Decided to make more use of all the flower borders for edibles and stick the flowers in pots instead. Lots more space for veg if I use the front garden as well as the back. So hoping to expand on what I can comfortably grow this year.

Hope everyone has had a good day
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• I've managed to stay awake to the start of Broadchurch. See if I can make it to the end. Matchsticks needed.
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Have a good day

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X