This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Sunny Wednesday
    NS, when we moved here 30+ years ago, the same carpet (sort of mushroomy/fawn) was laid throughout the house, hall, stairs, all downstairs rooms and every bedroom except one - which was emerald green It worked well. Over the years most of it has been replaced - although its still in 2 bedrooms ! The previous owner's brother owned a carpet shop - so it was good quality carpet - made to last
    If you use the same carpet throughout you may save money as the offcuts could be used elsewhere in the house?
    Just going for a mooch round the garden and to change the chook's bedding. They like clean sheets
    Have a good day!

Comment

Good morning all it's dull and dreary here, might have rain ~ might not! It's just that sort of day .....
      I'm having a 30 minute laze-around with iPad before racing off to 'the coal-face'.

DH still off work with 'trots & sickness' - he needs to get well pretty quick as it's big son and future DIL's BIG DAY a week Friday ...... eeeek, really excited about it ( must try on wedding outfit this weekend as I think I've acquired a bit extra padding since my purchase last September..........!!!)

Forgot to say NS - same coloured carpet all through looks the business!
      Last edited by SusieG; 04-01-2017, 11:24 AM.
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Good morning,

The sun is out and I've already been to the allotment to sow seeds�� So glad the growing season is back!
        Carrie

Comment

Afternoon all. NS, we have a cream carpet up the stairs and in the bedroom (downstairs is a wooden floor) definitely like it and cream goes with anything so you can personalise each room with accessories.
          Up early this morning to take brother and family to airport, that's them off home, won't see them for at least another 3 years.
          Still got this cough. Got into bed last night and was quite cosy, still coughing but not as bad, and then I remembered the vaporub...couldn't be bothered going downstairs to get it but will definitely try it out tonight.
          Decorations all away and now it's bed stripping time and lots of washing to be done to get the house back to normal. Off for some lunch, hope everyone has a great day.
          sigpic

Comment

I have my driving lesson soon. In just over 2 weeks I will be taking my practical test. I am so nervous!
            Carrie

Comment

Afternoon all. I tried the vaporub on the feet thingy last night. I actually forgot until I was in bed so I got up and went downstairs to get it. Whether it was that or the fact that I had some on a tissue pushed up against my nose, I slept quite well except for the usual get up for a wee in the night. Strangest bit was that I couldn't smell the stuff on the tissue.

Still feel rough, but better for having some sleep.

Nice day again but a bit of a waste as I still feel too ill to go anywhere or do anything but the basics. The dogs need a walk. Hollie is happy to have a run round the garden but Prince insists on playing with a ball he had for Christmas. He keeps rolling it under various bits of furniture to ensure I get excercise getting it out again.
              Last edited by JanieB; 04-01-2017, 12:56 PM. Reason: Add a smiley
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

Thank you all so much for your carpet comments.
                I think it will be a darker grey in the living room, hall, stairs and landing. Then a softer grey in the three bedrooms.
                Will let you all know
                Nannys make memories

Comment

Good afternoon all,nice day but nippy,You will be fine Carrie,go for it gal,try some vic,you never know when smelling that you will feel relaxed,hope you poorly people get well soon,sending you all good vibes,and UNCLE E please remember where we live,the UK is bigger than Wales,as for what colour carpeting,i always wonder that one,as a bungallow is all one level,and yes,it does tend to look patchy when the doors are open,maybe all the same would give it a modern feel.
                  sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

For all the older folk with the cold and sniffles etc. if you don't have any Vicks try this, when going to bed try rubbing a clove of garlic on th soles of your feet then crush the clove and pull on a pair of socks to hold the crushed garlic against your heels, to remove any garlic smell remove the green centre before crushing, this has worked for me in the past and if this cold starts to effect us younger ones that's how I will try to combat it
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Good evening, its been a cold day today,helped take down the Christmas decorations at the church, then took OH shopping, while out popped into homebase to see if there were any bargains but all they had were daffodil bulbs reduced and I don't need any more daffs. I did see they had lily bulbs but I fought the temptation to buy any for now might buy them later, I will wait and see what price they are in lifeless. Well have a good night, I am off to work on my jigsaw. Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Jolly cold in the principality today so I spent a while in the greenhouse pricking out onion seedlings. Was cold and draughty which puzzled me till I notice a pane of glass was missing from the roof and lying outside in pieces. Did I forget to put clips on that pane when I glazed the greenhouse the other day? Thought I checked but still could have missed it. Anyway, replaced the broken pane from my rapidly diminishing stock of spare glass and fixed it with 6 clips instead of 4.

We had a dusting of snow again in the afternoon but it didn't come to anything.

Comment

Evening, talking about jigsaws rary. I've been doing a jigsaw - Waterloo Railway Station 1945 at the top and present day (well it was present day when I got it) at the bottom for about 15 years...I'm not joking. I just cannot do it. It's on one of these jigsaw boards that you can slide under the bed so it's get pulled out every now and again but I still can't do it! I'm not giving up!
                          sigpic

Comment

Jay you could pass it on to one of the older Grapes who may have been at the station in 1945, I don't know who qualifies, but whoever it is they wont be any spring chicken

Comment

Watch out rary - you could get in trouble saying things like that
                              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Lovely 3 hours at the allotment today - young Thomas carried on his good work on the nursery plot assisted by my youngest grandson Euan - soil was a bit wet and sticky so progress was limited to half the plot but they did get some paths strimmed. Thereafter we took advantage of one of our felloe plot holder's expertise at the barbecue
                                Attached Files
                                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X