Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LD she always gets a hug..... that way I can keep her hands out of her purse
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Morning all, I so sympathise with you Nicos. After a relatively good day I was up half the night coughing. Had to sleep downstairs so that OH could get a sleep...not any better this morning! Spent a great day with my brother and family, they leave tomorrow so it will be around 3 years at least before I see them again and that's only if the kids want to come over as I just couldn't do that flight!
      Anyhoo, hope you all have a great day and those who are back at work, hope it's not too bad. Those with another days holiday, enjoy!
      sigpic

Comment

Well, I never...............this is for you Jay:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I read that ^^^ as "rub Vick on your Bottom"
          No further comment will be made as I don''t want to go to the norty step this early in 2017!

I'm quiet today as I'm going to the dentist this afternoon - a new practice! It always worries me when they call it a "practice". I want someone who knows how to do it for real!
          Good news is.............its sunshiny today

Comment

I am going to get me carcus into slumber in a bit,feel so tired,have a good afternoon all
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

I'm going to try that BM...will let you know how it goes!

Dentist....aargh, bad word that!

Enjoy your snooze lottie!
              sigpic

Comment

From wot I heard on TV this morning what Jay22 and I have is "going around" and we have something in common with the Queen as she has it too. It's the lack of sleep that's getting to me and Hollie starts barking when I have a coughing fit at night. Maybe she thinks I'm barking. Actually, thinking about it, she might have something there.

I'll try the Vick thing. I'll try anything. I'm sure that the lack of sleep lengthens the recuperation time.
                Last edited by JanieB; 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

Going to turn the propogater on soon & sow my chilies! Made choc cake with children. Need to do something with them this afternoon.

Warmed up a bit which is nice.
                  Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                    I'm going to try that BM...will let you know how it goes!
                    I use Vicks every night but not on my feet, I rub it on my wrist as I noticed that I slept with my wrist against my face..........weird I know.....I've not had a cold this year touch wood...........I have also used it to cure an ingrowing toenail...........I don't know if it worked or was just a placebo effect.
                    Last edited by Bigmallly; 03-01-2017, 01:42 PM.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                      From wot I heard on TV this morning what Jay22 and I have is "going around" and we have something in common with the Queen as she has it too. It's the lack of sleep that's getting to me and Hollie starts barking when I have a coughing fit at night. Maybe she thinks I'm barking. Actually, thinking about it, she might have something there.
                      My bug came all the way from Sheffield ....
                      As you say it's the constant coughing -it's exhausting...I HATE feeling rubbish...it's such a waste of time

I'll tell you something funny though!
                      For a bit of a laugh we bought a loo seat for the new bathroom which has 2led lights in it.
                      When it's dark( less than 1lumen) and they detect a noise over 50dB , they come on for a few seconds.
                      The lifespan is supposed to be quite a long time.
                      Well, we had a change of mind and put it in our ensuite.
                      To start with OH's snoring kept causing it to light up....then my coughing....now his coughing( yup-he's finally come down with it too) and then last night we had some wildlife in our roof space...and that caused it to keep lighting up!

So, from outside, if anyone could see in they'd think we were practicing morse code!

*sniff...not got any Vicks.
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Lummy, I'm glad you can only catch malware and not colds over the internet.

Vicks for an ingrowing toe nail, BM? Did the stuff frighten it into submission?

Anyway, in news from these parts, it was a perishing cold night. The coldest so far this year. And today is at last bright and sunny after weeks of freezing fog. Stand under a tree and it feels like you're in a rainstorm from all the ice that has shrouded the leaves and is now thawing. My onions have copped it though. So cold they've frozen and the tips have rotted. A first for me here. Perhaps I should have rubbed them with Vicks. Seems to cure anything!

Comment

Perhaps BM could rub Vicks into the onions on one bed and see how they compare to the non-vicks aliums when he crops them?
                          Perhaps use vaseline on another bed as a placebo?
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Ye may mock............

"Vicks VapoRub: Besides providing some welcome relief from the symptoms of common cold, Vicks VapoRub can help treat your ingrown toenails as well because:

It has anti-microbial properties that can help protect the area from secondary infections.
                            The menthol acts as a minor topical sedative, which helps relieve the pain.
                            Apply a liberal quantity of this ointment on the affected area and protect it overnight by using gauze and medical tapes."

Comment

Someone's gonna have to try Plectranthus tomentosa
                              Plectranthus tomentosa - Vicks Plant - Lamiaceae

Wonder if its smell would be beneficial in the greenhouse?
                              sigpic
                              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Afternoon,ahhhhhh that feels better,gotta sort some dinner shortly,we have not wanted much of anything last 2weeks,recone the smell off food has filled us up,loving the light creeping back up,keep looking at the seeds,and looking,and looking,if i did have young plant,it's to early,the weather is not right,so looking is good,hope all you sickly peeps pic up soon,i sometimes have a drop of olbus oil on the pillow corner,that reminds me to get some more,
                                That sounds intersting Baldy,if they can be got and survive in the uk.
                                Last edited by lottie dolly; 03-01-2017, 04:55 PM.
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X