Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good evening, it has been a very cold day today and actually had some snow but fortunately it only lasted a couple of minutes, then it was occasional showers but there was a good drying wind blowing, I managed to get a washing dried, and yes I hanged it out as OH was up at our daughter's house as there was a boiler to be repaired, and once it was repaired I went to get her and bring her home, the first question was "what way is that to hang a washing out" I hung it out as it came out the basket and what's more it was dry even with the showers, you women are no real, as I mentioned earlier we are for the Lake District, so if there are things to see I would be grateful for any information, sadly walking is a thing we can't do, there would have to be a shop at the end for my wife to manage to walk anywhere , and Hay there is no chance of me putting my back out. Well time to get ready for bed, keep your plants safe from the cold, those who have "refrained" from sowing seeds lucky you, I will need to remember that for next year Goodnight
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, am I first up again? First up, best dressed! It looks nice out, a bit duller than yesterday but it's noticeably cooler. Nothing on the cards so far will just take the day as it comes...like Nicos the ironing pile is winking at me!
      Have a great day.
      sigpic

Comment

• Morning Jay and all who follow on this chilly morning 1.2 degrees out side and between 2.1 - 2.0 degrees in the greenhouse, not looked to see how low it got during the night yet.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all from a cool but sunny Nestland, 5c at the mo, everything looks fine. Hope you've not suffered any overnight damage. Have a good one.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all!

Sick with excitement as the greenhouse fitter is coming this morning. Eek. Just hope it all goes well and the horrid weather predicted holds off while he's in action lol.

Rary, enjoy your Lake District trip. I haven't been for years but I remember how pretty that area is and the Kendall mint cake

Plants are all safe and snug indoors apart from lettuce, carrots, onions, raspberry and strawberries. No flowers on the strawberries yet so hope they are ok and didn't get too chilly.

Have a good day everyone.
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning all. Bright but a really cold wind here this morning. I'll have to wait until later in the day when I visit my allotment to find out how the Toms, pepprs and cucumbits have fared overnight in the summer house. Fingers crossed.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Well done on the promotion Snadge..........well deserved.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning All

0 in the garden overnight and down to 2 in the greenhouse, nothing in there to spoil though

We had about 45 seconds of rain yesterday so hoping more arrives today as per the forecast. Hoping to get over the plots later but OH has mentioned shopping

Have a fun Tuesday all

Comment

• Good Morning All Had a snow shower at half ten last night but not for long - very strange. Sunny this morning but feels cold. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all n'all!
                      ...did I miss anyone out?

Lots of big sploshy stuff fell in the early hours...garden smells lovely and fresh and damp,

Jay....tis my designated ironing day today...doubt I'll get it all done, but I'll have a darned good go whilst the weather isn't so inviting!

Have a great day all...
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mornin Flo....How are you feeling today?

Comment

• Marie!...will you please sit down!...all that pacing up and down is making me nervous!
                          Piccies!...lots of piccies please!

Rary...don't forget there's also Grassmere gingerbread....mmmmmmmm.....

Comment

• Good morning, the sun is out but scattered clouded and cold greenhouse down at 3.5c have left everything covered with fleece for now, just wondering if it could be guilt with some of the Grapes that gets them up early with all that ironing to do, remember that old saying. Don't put of till tomorrow what you can do today. Some should take note of that and put it into practice have a good day and keep warm
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning all,cool but sunny so far,my ironing has given up winking at me,i trained it to wait for my help hehe,marie i feel your excitment,just in time for all your plants,hope your feeling a bit better Flo,off to get the mop trimed down,have a good day.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                                Morning Jay and all who follow on this chilly morning 1.2 degrees out side and between 2.1 - 2.0 degrees in the greenhouse, not looked to see how low it got during the night yet.
                                Was cold here last night in my Gh temp down to 0.8c so I'm glad my toms and cucs are still on the windowsills.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                                Good Morning All Had a snow shower at half ten last night but not for long - very strange. Sunny this morning but feels cold. Have a good day
                                Flo the snow didn't make its way to us but I'd sooner that that than the icy garden we had earlier on, hope you feel better today
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X