Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You lot been behaving whilst I have been out tonight?
    No, I didn't think so.
    Been out watching a rock band that we love to see, but they are not round here much now
    There was only about 20 ish of us there, no advertising methinks.
    So 20 die hard fans. What an intimate gig it was, flippin fantastic. It was like having them in your front room. Well I was sitting in an armchair for a bit.
    It takes two buses to get back. And they both played nicely and came extremely quickly.
    Going to have a lay in tomorrow or today I think
    Laters
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
      What-o peeps!

Not stopping to tie the string off tonight - especially if BM's internet finds it de-bil-it-a-ting, so just a quick wave.

I would ask the grapes opinion, though (but wish I had thought to do so a couple of days ago!!) - I am taking a cot quilt wot I have made to a running chum tomorrow for her 4wk old tot. I don't know her apart from the running interest, but would think to also take either (a) flowers (b) homemade biccies/tiffin or (c) coupla' homemade cottage pies out the freezer.

I'm guessing that (a) is a bit 'something else to think about when you are knee deep in nappies' and (c) is a bit presumptive as to new mum/hubby ability to keep it all together; but then again, do you really want (b) chocs and stuff if you are feeding a 4wk old (although I don't know if she is or not)

What I'm saying, is for someone I have a shared interest with, but not huge friendship, what would be appreciated? She is the sweetest girl, and from what I see, hugely capable - but I'm in a quandry as to what I should do?
      Home made pies is my two penny worth Hazel
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Sounds like a great evening, NS! And certainly worth the well-behaved buses back.

Comment

• Hazel take the biccies/tiffin I think it would be appreciated at a time when she they are learning to cope, personally I would also take one of the pies as well, but that's because I like cottage pies
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Just realised its Hazel that the reference to a defibrillator should have been made to not Vixi, it was doing this late at night that reminded me, as Hazel unusually on latter at night, the one thing I did know was that it was one of the younger lassies
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• What-o Hazel

A little tale....

Years ago I was making a massively huge batch of spaggi bol to freeze and happened to see a friendly neighbour who had recently had her 3rd child.
              So, on impulse, I trotted over to her place with a large freezer bag stuffed full of SB ready for either freezing or using over the next couple of days.
              She looked quite surprised when I passed it over, and quite frankly didn't really seem particularly impressed with my gift.
              Never mind thought I, I just hope they enjoy it.
              It was never mentioned again!

Then about 10 years later I was chatting with a mutual friend and she turned up.
              Naturally being moms we were nattering on about food and she suddenly piped up with the fact that I'd once taken her a huge bag full of SB, just when she was at her most frazzled ....she'd never forgotten that act of kindness- just when she was at her lowest ebb.
              It just goes to show, she'd been too frazzled even to mention it/ thank me at the time, but she'd clearly appreciated it!
              Nice to know...eventually!

What ever you give your friend, it's a wonderful gesture!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
                Another day working and another early start. Hopefully will be home early.
                Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning all,

I'm not sure if I was frazzled or not when I had the twins ...it was all a blur I fed them upton8months being in London I didn't really have any neighbours that would kindly drop round some treats. A Quilt and some homemade biscuits to enjoy on those odd ocassions I could grab a cup of coffee would have been lovely!

Comment

• Morning
                    Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                    Home made pies is my two penny worth Hazel
                    I'd go with pies if you're certain they're not vegetarian if you've not sure I'd take biscuits instead.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!
                      Yup...I managed to get back to sleep!

Check out day today, then nip over to market to buy a fat hen.....urmmm...nope, sorry.....to buy some mussles
                      Then find a new museum which has opened in Falaise.
                      Apparently it's free entry for us as we're ' in tourism'!
                      Here ya go....looks interesting!
                      Falaise Memorial
                      I'd no idea about it...and it had opened earlier in the summer!

Have a great day peeps....

Comment

• What did you decide on Hazel?

Comment

• Morning all.

What a kind gesture Hazel, I'd go with the pies. There's nothing worse than having to think about making a dinner when all you want to do is sit on the couch because you have no energy left.

We have sun this morning. Haven't really seen it in ages. It's cold though, there was a change in temp overnight and our windows have condensation on them and they were open all night too.

I am going to be a cranky person today. I've decided I'm going to do the 5:2 Intermittent Fasting thing and today is the first fast day. I already have a headache.

So I wish you all well and I am probably going to go back to bed for an hour, It will help shorten the day, lol.

Comment

• Nicos, your spaggie bol story has made tears roll down my cheeks, think it must've just caught me feeling a bit 'weepy' ..... It was a lovely thing that you did, and worth the wait to know just how much it meant to that person ~ even after all those years .......... Daft innit, what starts us off...

(((((wiping away tears))))) Mornin' all, happy Saturday!!!

My Toby had a good nights' sleep (therefore I did too ....apart from a snoring issue.........!): he's had a little bit of brekkie and seems bright and waiting eagerly to go for walkies ~ thank goodness
                            It's a bit cooler but it's dry and fairly bright ....... 'lawns' are begging for a haircut, so maybe, just maybe get onto that later .........

Have a great Saturday folks!
                            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Morning all I have a cup of tea in bed now and getting up later to do a Hazel - not the running I hasten to add!
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                Ho! cut out the old, and glad to finally see you giving up on me playing the lead part of your horse but it will be interesting to watch you and LD deciding who will be the star, front or back
                                Am not bothered about being in the back,all you do is follow the front legs,also we would work as one unit
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X