• Show
Clear All

• Morning all

Warm & windy here this morning

Climing beans are going in today, fleece roll is at the ready, just in case
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Morning Girls'n'BB from a mild but murky Nestland. Not sure what to do today. Have got to lift some Leeks that have bolted then I think I'll make another Squash bed out of the leaf pile............Have a good one if you are not working.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, a beautiful start to the day. Now what to do...housework or garden?

Have a great day everyone!
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning
          Glorious day, nice breeze too. Dog has been walked, she is sunning herself outside now (drying from her swim), I could help OH today but....not appealing , I'm going to turf some stuff out the GH just need to find somewhere to put them. Think I shall see what else I fancy doing today but it certainly won't be housework ! Have a good day
          Northern England.

Comment

• Happy lunchtime all! Back to work today for me unfortunately after a lovely 9 days off - gutted as it is such a lovely day! Things are progressing (slowly) on the house move front so I'm rather pre-occupied!

Hope you're all having a wonderful day whatever you are doing

Comment

• It's been raining hard pretty well all day. I shouldn't really have gone out in my slippers... Anyway, the potatoes will be enjoying it, even if my toes are complaining.

Hope you all have a lovely afternoon. If there's anyone out there having a cream tea, have a scone with strawberry jam and clotted cream for me.

Comment

• ^^^^ and one for me too...or crumpets with peanut butter....or a bacon buttie....or a piece of pork pie....or...or...... * sigh....

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Will a jam doughnut do? I've just eaten 2 but I could have another one if you want me to?

Comment

• Good Evening everyone..Hope your all having a good day so far....Its been a gorgeous warm sunny day here today...Pitty we had to go to work Grrrrrr....Such a lovely day we decided to have a salad for dinner tonite...Gonna chill out in the sun for a bit since its still lovely here..Enjoy the rest of your day folks.

Comment

• I've just baked 3 fruit cakes. Still warm so I've had 2 slices with butter on from "mine" The other 2 are for a friend and my son. I've got a tandoori chicken in the oven and the chicken carcass is on the top making stock or soup depending on what I decide later.

I have also got down to my propagators which had been buried under my old bedroom floor in the garden. Going to clean them and plant Tumbler tomatoes, strawberries, gherkins and small melons. My garden isn't clear enough to plant anything in yet so these will go in containers and hanging baskets. I know it's technically a bit late but I've done this before and found that they do catch up.

Taking a rest with a welcome glass of vino. Sigh!!
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon or evening not sure which anyway that was another day spent outdoors, gardening, reading and visitors, plus we've been to a garden centre to spend some leftover vouchers. I bought a clock with a thermometer on the reverse side it was 40c in full sun so i was glad to be under the gazebo.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• It's been a hot one here too, but unfortunately I was at work until 4.00 p.m. I did get a lot done over the weekend - potting on tomatoes and pricking out various seeds. After I'd potted all my toms on I realised I haven't got any cherry - do you think it's too late to start any off? Middle GG has gone to the Canary Isles today for a week with her college course to get a taste of being a holiday rep. Bet she has some fun. Youngest GG has been today to get her brace tightened. Ouch. My elder sister (not sure whether that's right, she's older than me, but there's another older sister than us so I would imagine she's the eldest? Waffle Waffle) is in hospital, suspected gall stone. She's been really unwell and is still on oxygen and a drip, but is making some progress. BIL visits twice a day, walking to and from about 10 minutes each way. He's a fit 77-year old despite a heart attack a few years ago whilst cutting my lawn!
                          Anyone watched The Durrells? It was the last episode last night and although a bit quirky, I've really enjoyed it.
                          Lots of gassing from me tonight, better shut up now. Have a lovely evening
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!

Well....it's finally stopped raining!
                            A lot of my pots are at the front of my house in the shade away from the sun, but also from the rain, so yesterday I needed to give them a darned good watering.
                            Tbh I was a bit shocked at how much they had dried out for early May!

Just goes to show how quickly pots dry out.

What's everyone up to today?
                            I have book club this morning, helping a friend with some packing as she's sold her house, and then some domestic goddess stuff here.
                            Frustrating thing is that I need to get stuck into the gardening....just never enough hours in the day is there?
                            Thank goodness we have rain forecast- I don't feel so bad about abandoning the great outdoors!

Whatever you do today...enjoy
                            Last edited by Nicos; 10-05-2016, 04:52 AM.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nicos and All Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morning Nicos, Florence Fennel and all!
                                It's a dull, moist one here so far ...
                                No gardening jobs were planned for me today, as its work then grocery shopping (boo) so feeling pleased? re the weather, hate to see a nice dry day go to waste..! Anyway, my compost bins are overflowing and the 'brown' bin not due to be collected until next week ... aargh

Have a good Tuesday - whatever you've all got planned
                                ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                                a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X