This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip to garden center always cheers me up, Dorothy

Had busy few days with family over and while they were drinking tea or eating while sitting outside I was frantically planting things out and weeding the garden Got all the dwarf peas planted and summer squash. No reports of any frost here now so hope they will all be fine.

Since things were getting nibbled in PT, I was concerned about the slugs going for everything once planted but they still seem to be focused on the runner beans. Perhaps the runners are the sacrifice this year!

Now catching up on vine while I have a breather. Hope everyone's having good weekend.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Still warm and sunny ..!!

Planted out 2 pumpkins, 2 courgettes, dwarf French beans, four teeny weeny leeks, well why not? They'll grow or they won't!!!!!!

Sowed baby carrot seed, beetroot seed, spring onion seed } the 'freebie' tapes that I sent for - how easy is that then??!!

Sat back with some sparkling water (yes, even for me it's too early to hit the hard-stuff, as going out later with big son and future DIL for a late afternoon meal .. Yum,) and felt this wonderful feeling of satisfaction at all the lovely things growing, so far!!

Really worked up an appetite out there in that sun and lovely fresh air !!!

Been in touch with my colleagues doing the London - Brighton walk today/tonight, and the peeps waiting for them in Brighton reporting thundery, heavy showers!!!

Have a good afternoon, folks ...!
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Well I had a lovely afternoon at the young musicians concert some of them were just so talented. It's a shame that there's not many opportunities for them to play to an audience that's interested.
        Son had two twenty minute slots, one for piano and one for clarinet. I was very proud

Comment

• I did and didn't get much done today. Hacked away at a load of weeds to clear the paths on either side of a bed I want to sow. Then recovered from the exertion by watering and sorting out a bed of lettuce. By which time it was absolutely sweltering. The weather's not right. After a very late cold spell in early May, it now feels like July. Recovered with a half hour nap. Followed by a long nap after lunch. Rain and a bit of hail (only pea-sized, fortunately) this evening. Temperature outside is now distinctly chilly.

So overall lots of time spent napping. But Mr Snoop's philosophy is no time spent sleeping is ever wasted. Let's hope I'm raring to go tomorrow.

Hope you're all having a good time.

Comment

• What-o! Evening peeps!

Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
            Oi Hazel, where's this one gonna lead you gal ? .......
            Sorry, BB - I was sensibly tucked up with a firmly wrapped ball of string last night before this morning's long training run. Racing next weekend!

You give us a rare bit of culture there - I've enjoyed the track very much.

Comment

• Just a mo - I'll get some supper for Domino cat, and unravel a bit of string....

Comment

• Right - Hayley do-dah has got on my nerves now - but I do like the idea of something with a bit of dressing up. Let's go for Peter Kay, Jump.

Oh - except I can't find the youtube link. Outrageous! I've seen it and I can't find it!!

Hmm.

Comment

• So annoying. Right - start again. What have we got (besides Peter Kay - Garlic. Bread. I've had enough of that).

Youtube thinks it has me taped with its suggestions, but it bores me right now.

Talk amongst yourselves for a mo.

Comment

• Ok - I have a starting point - this is just lovely from Sutherland Brothers and Quiver.

Just realised it's forty years ago. Gosh.

Comment

• Although forty years does not excuse that hairstyle from the lead singer. What was he thinking?

Comment

• A natural progression to Smokie - and marginally less suspect hair.

Can't resist the Chubby Brown version! But for decency's sake, I'll not post that here.

Comment

• Well, I've just hit a 'hits of the 70s' seam - I could be here for some time!

I'll gloss over T Rex Metal Guru as it plods so - but surely we have some time for Cat Stevens (as was). This is nice.

Comment

• I could easily play all of y'man's hits from the age, but let's move on.

What do you fancy, Nicos Could do something vaguely French?

Oh! I know - the divine Vanessa Paradis...

Actually this is a bit of a weird version with the sax players blacked up??
                            Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 29-05-2016, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• That's lovely, isn't it.

Sorry, I've turned all Tony Blackburn. Speaking of which (and the 70's) anyone remember his Saturday morning show with 'Arnold the dog' barking at random intervals. It made taping the top 40 off the radio a right game.

Just a mo, I'll tickle the last of the Rhubarb and Red Fruits vino into the glass, and then have to think about turning in....

Comment

• I think that we should wind down with something to make us smile...

..and tap your feet, of course.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X