Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening not achieved much today a bit of potting on some shopping then reading. even wore my gloves today for shopping.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I've spent most of the day trying to fix my laptop - microsoft download seems to have wrecked the set up again

Can only get online on my trusty ancient desktop atm

Comment

• Hello everyone
        Wow I haven't been on line here for about 4 weeks. Just had loads to do and my dads not been well again. He has now got to go for blood tests every three months now for his white blood cell count.
        So now in the process in trying to catch up with everyone and everything.
        Had an inside day today with the kids. They have been inspired by Major Tim Peake so have spent the day building a rocket, a satellite and the European Space Station.
        Anyway have a good evening everyone. Its nice to be back
        sigpic

Comment

• Hi all. Just checking in while watching The Allotment with Charlie Dimmock on Property TV.
          What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
          Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeggijon View Post
            Hi all. Just checking in while watching The Allotment with Charlie Dimmock on Property TV.
            I watched that once and thought she spoke to people like they were idiots. Or are you watching it for another reason?
            sigpic

Comment

• Welcome back NVG Sorry to hear your dad's not been well. If your weather has been similar to ours (rain, cold, windy) not surprised you opted for indoor day with kids. I put the heating on today, I was so cold. And yes, like Bren, wore my gloves when I had to go outside Funny start to June alright.

Anyway, think I shall see what is on iPlayer for a bit of excitement - been very dull day! Enjoy rest of evening all.
              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Thanks Crafty. I must admit I put the heating on at one point and double checked the windows to make sure none had been left on the latch.
                sigpic

Comment

• Looks like I've had the sun again
                  Helped OH working and then hit the ground elder in flowerbed, have had to dig the plants out to get rid grrrrr.
                  Can't remember much else, not eaten yet . Just pizza n chips (OH doing it) , mum was on phone in tears, dad was getting all aggressive and agitated (dementia/alz) , calm now. Thrown me a bit so il catch you tomorrow.
                  Northern England.

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
                    I watched that once and thought she spoke to people like they were idiots. Or are you watching it for another reason?
                    I like shouting at the telly, so when she advises that covering your plot with carpet is a good idea, the air turns blue!
                    Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• ....also, some of the camera angles are quite enlightening
                      Last edited by skeggijon; 01-06-2016, 09:22 PM.
                      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• Good evening Folks, it has been a nice warm day here today, put a paddling pool out for grandsons, my youngest played in it for a time then went round the garden, first swinging on a biloba tree, this is reputed to be one of the oldest types of tree on earth, evidently not a lot of children like him about, then over to a trench that I had dug out, filled with compost then covered with the soil again, was letting it settle a bit before planting runner beans ( I intend planting clematis into this later on) the ground is now well and truly settled, I will have to loosen it again as he tramped all over it, I have some cabbages planted in one of my beds which was getting decimated by the slugs and snails, after cutting the grass I scattered some over the bed and it looks like the damage has stopped, will check this out further. Well have a good night every one, hope the weather is kind to you, and I have to ask NVG what other reason is there to watch C. Dimmock? are there things that I have missed?. Goodnight
                        Last edited by rary; 01-06-2016, 09:38 PM.
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Big hugs to NVG and CG.

Comment

• Evening all,

No time outside for me today, very busy at work and am off down to the big smoke tomorrow so that will be a write off as well

On a positive note, since my post on how growing your own is so good for your health we (hubby and I) have been seriously considering our next steps in getting a better work life balance. A big change is definitely being considered and I've been searching properties with a view to serious downsizing.

I found a beautiful house online last night, lots of outdoor space, not so much indoors but we don't need that. Right on the coast in North Yorkshire and would mean that we could go nearly mortgage free. Okay, this one is under offer but what that search has shown me is that there are some amazing houses out there, we've just got to take the plunge when we are 100% ready.

Comment

• Evening all'n'all...........just think Sara, if you go nearly mortgage free you may be able to work part-time.....................or become a lady of pleasure.............................sorry, that should have read lady of leisure...............
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 01-06-2016, 10:57 PM.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                SP, if ever you need a commode for the train, just let me know...............not that the train needs a commode, just its passengers...............sorry, waffling again.
                                How long are you in sunny Rhyl?
                                Thanks for the offer VC but I think borrowing your pointy stick would be more useful!
                                I'm on my way back home on Saturday early morning and in a car ! Because the friends I stay with in Rhyl are coming back with me.
                                Unfortunately between now and then Me & grandad have meetings, hospital appointment,
                                Then I have to do his shopping (& a little bit for me) and my ears bleeding from grandad very loud tv

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X