Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gadgets do you have but rarely use?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you do find something, it'll be teeny, like a tomato garnisher or a radish rose maker.

Comment

To be fair???? nearly all my unused gadgets were bought by my husband: deep fat fryer, juicer, pasta maker, sandwich toaster, ice cream maker and kitchen blowtorch. He is a real "Gadgetman" but a stranger to cookery.

Any item that has earned permanent worktop space gets used regularly. Kenwood mixer, zapper, food processor and breadmaker.

He also bought a combined flatscreen tv/dvd mounted on the wall at the foot of our bed that I use as an alarm clock.

I sneaked his 14 megapixel camera (unused) out of the drawer and put it in my handbag when my geriatric camera died. He hasn't noticed one year later.

I think I will shortly purloin his (used twice) tablet.

Comment

I don't really do gadgets (but I really need a log splitter! ) OH isn't interested spending any money on anything except bikes (the pedal variety) and my kitchen isn't that big that I would buy electric stuff......though I love baking cakes and I may have a few more tins than I need why I bought the 14inch pan that doesn't fit in my oven is anyone's guess?!?.I'm going to buy an oven to fit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hazel at the Hill View Post
          In the spirit of the thing, I will have a think and see if I can contribute.....
          GOT IT! I have a hair crimper - and as I am not going to be channeling my inner 1980's rock/new romantic chick in the near future, it will be off to the charity shop!

Comment

Thank you Hazel. I feel so much better for that...................

Comment

more gadgets than a shop!! a hoarder? me? ...probably, thing is I hate seeing things that are perfectly usable being thrown out! and as I work at a waste manegement site, it`s in front of me every working day!
              So, alot of it I give away to anyone I see that is in need of it, charitable, that,I am.
              As for my gadgetry purchases, the Nutribullet was a mistake, bought, tried recipe, nearly threw up, now in cupboard...no not what I threw up, nor me.
              I have a dozen mobil phones, most are given up on me, six computers, various cameras and a .........Breville!
              Three playstations, two quadcopters and a partr.........BANG!
              Last edited by cheapskate chaz; 31-12-2015, 06:52 PM.
              Girls are like flowers, a little attention every day and they`ll blossom.

Comment

A teasmade that has to be at least 30 years old (it was a gift to my Mum) that has never been out of the box
                A steamer, likewise still boxed, but I may find a use for it yet
                Juicer, rarely used now, it's a bind to wash
                Hand mincer, also a fiddle to clean
                Mobile phone circa 1999
                Mandolin - hate washing it - (is there a theme developing here?)
                Hair dryer - the wind is good enough for me
                Sander - only sand stuff when decorating, which is rare
                Wallpaper steamer, as above (it is brilliant though)
                Corkscrew gizmo - no bottles with corks in this household
                Set of cake tins that make a chequered cake - gosh, had THAT when I was at school mumble mumble years ago edit - yes, still in the box - if only I'd been given Dinky cars instead.....
                Cake icing stand as above

OK I'm going to stop now and let someone else have a go.......
                Last edited by mothhawk; 31-12-2015, 06:59 PM.
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

A router, never used it as I am terrified of it!!!!
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

nowt to be terrified of -------as long as you are wearing shoes. many years ago now, we were re-doing the kitchen and I'd cut out a hole in the worktop for the gas hob using my jig saw. Hole wasn't quite big enough. I took the guard of my router so I could reach the bit that needed trimming and then set to work. The cutter caught a hard bit and jumped out of my hand down onto the floor where I had laid cherry effect laminate. damned thing danced about like a banshee and only had thin socks on and couldn't
                    risk putting my foot on it to stop it. meanwhile it carved up 7 sheets of new laminate . Eventually I got to the meter cupboard and turned off the power.

My problem wasn't with the floor. It was fessing up to having been so daft in the first place.

Apologies for tangentising . As you were

Comment

Time to revisit this thread and add an ice cream maker to my list

Comment

As a result of new kitchen, I have disposed of unwanted and unused gadgets. I also found one I will use but didn't know I had. It's a salad drier. You put your washed lettuce in it and give it a twirl. I've been putting mine in a tea towel and taken it outside to whizz it.

Also broke a couple of well used and needed gadgets, my chicken brick (chicken tandoori) and my very large mixing bowl that I've had since I was 18. I'm gobsmacked at the price of a replacement.
                        Last edited by JanieB; 30-05-2016, 08:10 AM.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X