Robins nest

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robins nest

I was removing a shrub from the garge roof and found a robins nest hiw long will it be before i can start removing it again as need to replace the roof this summer thanks

Has the robin startled off?
    It it did it may not come back again. Keep an eye on it for a few days.
    I would otherwise start the work as soon as the chicks have flown.
    I had a very startled pheasant erupt from a dandelion while I was uprooting it. It would most likely be farmed one that has wondered from a local shoot. If my hands were not full with the dandelion and 10kg of clay on the roots the pheasant would have been for the pot.
    There was 8 fresh eggs in a nest of grass blades that were still green. The eggs never went to waste. The bird would never go back with half of the cover gone. They are like quail eggs but a little bit bigger.

Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

Ok thanks yes it returned thankfully will keep checking not sure if there are any eggs yet

Comment

Keep checking the nest and if the robin lays any eggs, you will need to wait until the chicks have hatched and left the nest. However once they leave the nest, they may use the shrub as cover until they are strong enough the fly, so you need to be careful when removing it. This can be anywhere between 10-15 days after they leave the nest.
        An attempt to live a little more self-sufficient

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X