Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you have accidentally pressed cook instead of defrost???

VC- I defrost for 15 mins or more at a time - I put in the weight and the microwave calculates the time . I just say if it's bread, meat , or meat with a bone.

I'd have thought an automatic cut out should have kicked in though in lotties case?!
    Last edited by Nicos; 04-11-2015, 01:30 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• good news is it is not radio active,rang the place of purchase,said to just take it back to the shop,and they will replace it there and then, NO nicos,as i did check it before and it was still on defrost,so am gona get going and see,up loft first for the box,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        VC- I defrost for 15 mins or more at a time - I put in the weight and the microwave calculates the time . I just say if it's bread, meat , or meat with a bone.
        Its a long time since I defrosted a joint of meat
        Don't think my microwave is clever enough to know what's cooking. I've only just fathomed out how to use it as an oven
        Good luck Lottie with swapping for a new one. Saves cleaning it

Comment

• I'm not even clever enough to know how to use our microwave to defrost

Comment

• That's just an excuse AP!
            sigpic

Comment

• Tis not too . But I can use it too cook. I make a lovely cheese sauce using it and it is great forheating the plates

Comment

• Hi am back,no bother at all,paid a bit more and got a different one,as it meant waiting for the same model to come in,plus,i am very sceptical,got a kenwood convection one,because it was 1 p under £150,the cover continue's,had it been over i would have lost on nearly 2 years left on worth,and had to have taken out a new cover and no doubt be a lot more money,so yes i am very pleased,all i gotta do it learn about it,to show the other,
                VC,it i was one thing i did clean,now the oven,another story since son moved back in,
                When we got back phone went,MR answered,something about checking the electrics,1471 revieled nothing,i thought scam,rang the lecie up,to be tolled they are ring customers about a smart mtr,when i poited out that surly if it was genuine it would have left the no behind,she agreed,and gave me the no off the smart mtr line direct to check it out,but not just now as i got a mike to sort out,by the way,only the body i spoke to at PC,com t,had heard of the same happening before,so be warned peeps,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Gosh lottie- that's dangerous!!!!

Radiation leaks are easy to check...

Turn on your mobile phone and place it inside the microwave.
                  ***** DO NOT TURN ON MICROWAVE!!!!!!

then phone said mobile phone.

if it rings then the microwave is leaking radiation

if it doesn't then it has a good seal. . .
                  Really!? Are you sure!?

Nutter!
                  All the best - Glutton 4 Punishment
                  Freelance shrub butcher and weed removal operative.

Comment

• The only thing i know how to do is warm something, normally my cold cuppa! that is because it is only one button, you press it multiple times and it increases the time by a minute at a time Is sings and dances but i´m not a musical fan.
                    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

• I only use mine to cook jacket spuds in. It quicker then having to wait AGES for it to cook in the oven.

I never defrost my meat in the microwave, I like getting it out the night before and letting it defrost in the fridge.
                      Carrie

Comment

• Evening all. Forgot we had the dentist this afternoon. Kids were ok but I have to have a filling So got to go back next week.
                        Opticians rang up this afternoon. They have had a cancellation tomorrow so we can get Han in and get her eyes checked. She keeps getting headaches if she reads to much and she says the writing on the white board goes blurred now and again.
                        So another busy afternoon.
                        Have a good evening everyone
                        sigpic

Comment

• Evening all..
                          Dramatic day Lottie
                          Well the car misbehaved again when herself was out yesterday, so AA were needed and car now booked into garage for a full service tomorrow... Better get the cheque book at the ready
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Glutton4... View Post
                            Really!? Are you sure!?

Nutter!
                            Well, I was, until you asked...and I've just had a goooogle and apparently it depends on the mobile phone frequency....and they do vary apparently.
                            So...it's not completely accurate!
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• L ate night for me.
                              Myself and daughter went to see The Waterboys in concert tonight.
                              Their opening night of four in Dublin.
                              Great concert and they sang and played some old favourites and lots of new stuff.
                              Tired but happy now.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Bleary morning all Cat is on a roll again and now struggling to get back to sleep. Just seen the local weather report for rest of week and wish I hadn't looked. Rain, rain go away!

Fingers crossed will be installing the bubble wrap in polly today. If it's not done today then it won't get done for a while as got visitors all weekend.

Think hubby is secretly hoping that the greens in the tunnel will all perish soon ha ha. He grudgingly ate one leaf yesterday - still I guess getting some dark greens down his gullet is an improvement of sorts.
                                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X