• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ nutter
    He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Mrs BB would want a new k1tchen too, with all that mess to clear up

When I changed my kitchen I asked the fitters to make me a double kitchen base unit, with doors on both sides, on wheels with a footbrake!
      I can move it around the kitchen and change the layout whenever the fancy takes me.
      It can be a centre island, extend a worksurface, be pushed back against a wall, either flat or sticking out. With doors on both sides, it doesn't matter where it is, as I can always open the doors.

Its one of my better ideas, she said modestly, and I'll definitely have one again, if ever I need a new k1tchen.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^ What a cracking idea.
        Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

The fitters thought so too - and said they were going to offer them as part of their designs.
          Forgot to say that, the work surface is wider than the units below, so you can stand up close to work on it, without banging your knees on the doors.

Comment

VC sometimes I think your not as daft as you make out...................not by along way.
            Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Brill idea VC!
              I've had a think about it, but can't find space for that in my new kitchen- pity!

My update is that the chimney is finally capped and the exit pipe wriggled into place.
              Had fun though with the fittings...UK extractor fan with 150 mm exit and the French only do 140 and 160mm pipes!, had to phone and drive around everywhere to get connectors to fit.

Collecting kitchen tomorrow so getting really excited!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I feel as if my past life is coming back to haunt me. The boss of the building firm I don't know from Adam but his workers I do. The chief ground worker from when I was taking my degree 25 years ago. I had a major row with him when his son stole my son's remote controlled car. Said son is now his father's boss and is a friend of my son. The brickie coming in on Monday is a friend (I've never discussed his job with him). I know it's a small world ... this is a very small town, there are villages bigger.
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

Can I, can I, can I, please, please, please go and choose a kitchen? I'm sooooo excited. The walls are going up and after all this time it's actually happening.
                  "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                  Oxfordshire

Comment

Well, we collected the complete kitchen apart from the base unit anchorage brackets for the island.
                    113 boxes!
                    All stored in one of the gites

Comment

This is the one we collected from Ikea....

But no wall units.
                      Our colour scheme isn't going to be Apple green!

Comment

Looks really nice, Nicos. Simple and elegant.
                        Are you having wood worktops?

Comment

Yup...though after a lot of deliberation!
                          It's not solid oak but it does have a top 3 mm of real wood.
                          Apparently easier to care for.

I'm sure I will regret it though!

Comment

It's a very dark kitchen so we needed something very light but not white to reflect what light there is.
                            I'm sure I'll be able to make it look more 'lived in' in no time at all!

Comment

Janie...what have you got in mind?

Comment

Colour ... blue. Worktops I want to go recycle and have recycled glass. I saw them in Ikea and fell in love. I also liked their semi circular cooker hood. Son wants to put the cooker in an island between the kitchen and the dining room and that hood would be perfect.

I like my brothers style of kitchen but not the colour. I don't want doors that are foil painted. I want ones I can repaint naturally.

The builders were talking about when they take out the back wall of my house, can I not be there, it really scares me. What if the house falls down? On the other hand I'm fascinated.
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X